What's the Deal with QuickBooks Error 6150 and How to Fix it
QuickBooks error 6150 usually arises while creating, opening or using the company file on the QuickBooks Desktop application. The user encounters the error with an error message, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. The error indicates there is some issue with the company file and need repair. The error mighty also occur due to the Crypto Wall virus preventing QuickBooks from opening the company file. Read the blog until the end to get detailed information on QuickBooks company file error 6150, its causes and solutions.
If you need any technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 6150, then dial our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks Error Code 6150
We have listed all the reasons that trigger the error:
1. The company file is damaged or corrupted.
2. QuickBooks desktop application is not installed correctly.
3. Some QuickBooks program files are missing.
4. The Windows operating system is attacked by a virus or malware.
Scroll through the blog and choose the most appropriate solutions to fix the error.
You may also read
Steps to Overcome QuickBooks Desktop error 6150
Following are the most effective troubleshooting solutions to resolve the error:
Solution 1. Examine your system for the CryptoWall virus
Follow the steps given below and do a quick check:
1. Select the Windows Start menu.
2. Within the search, write “File Explorer” and then open it.
3. Find your QuickBooks folder and then open it.
4. Now, search for the files containing the words “decrypt” and “instructions.”
If there are no such files, your computer is safe. Proceed to the next solution. If you find any files having the said words, your system is infected by the Crypto Wall virus. You need to contact your anti-virus provider for help.
Solution 2. Restore company file using backup
Before following the steps to restore a backup company file, make sure it is stored on your local hard drive:
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Choose the Help menu and then select Open or Restore Company.
3. Click Restore a backup copy and then Next.
4. Search for the backup company file having the .qbb extension.
5. Choose a location where you want to save your restored company file.
6. Select Open.
7. Once done, click Save.
8. Now, you can work from the new company file.
We have tried our best to help you fix QuickBooks error 6150. If the error continues after troubleshooting, use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool to recover lost data. You can also seek assistance from the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer support number +1 800-579-9430. They will assist you with advanced troubleshooting for the same.