You are here
What is QuickBooks Status Code 3180 and How To Overcome It?
There are innumerable factors that count for the success of a business, and among them, the most significant is accounting. To manage the day-to-day financial tasks, hundreds and thousands of enterprises from all over the world use QuickBooks Desktop. Even though QuickBooks is designed to work smoothly, it is not impeccable because of its vulnerability to errors. Through this post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks Status Code 3180, which pops up on the computer display stating, “There was an error when saving a Sales Receipt (or Credit Memo).” Several factors can be behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Status Code 3180 that we aim to explain to you, alongside the troubleshooting fixes.
For instant troubleshooting guidance resolving QuickBooks Status Code 3180, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts at +1 800-579-9430.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error 3180?
Generally, QuickBooks error 3180 gets triggered when any sales tax item in the QuickBooks application is not linked to any of the vendors. However, there can be numerous other reasons behind it, such as:
- Account mapping of the sales tax payable account is inaccurate.
Read more :-
What should be done to fix QuickBooks Status Code 3180?
Solution 1) Make certain that all the Sales tax items are linked to the vendors
- Right-click the icon of QuickBooks Point of Sale and select the Open option.
- Go to the Lists menu (located at the top-most bar).
- From the drop-down menu, select the Item List option.
- Select the Include Inactive option.
- Sort out the list using the Type header.
- Make sure that each and every Sales tax item has a tax agency linked to it.
- Open QuickBooks, try to perform the required action, and check you get any errors.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 15276
Solution 2) Revise the tax preference to get over QuickBooks error 3180
- Open your QuickBooks Point of Sale application.
- Go to the File menu (located at the upper-most bar).
- From the drop-down menu, select the Preferences option.
- Click on the Company button.
- Go to the Financial menu and select the Accounts option.
- Inside the Basic and Advanced tabs, make certain that the QuickBooks Sales Tax Payable is only listed in the Sales Tax.
Note: If you notice that QuickBooks Sales Tax Payable is not listed in the Sales Tax, change it and run the financial exchange.
- Try to perform the required action in QuickBooks Point of Sale and see whether you get any errors.
In case you get QuickBooks Status Code 3180 even after going through the troubleshooting solutions that we have mentioned above in the post, then there is a great possibility that you have been using sales tax payable account as the target account for one or more items on receipts. Our recommendation for you is to make certain that any receipt is not paid using sales tax payable. You can also get over QuickBooks error code 3180 right away by contacting our QuickBooks support team at +1 800-579-9430. Our QuickBooks professionals are adept in the art of error solving and will make the entire troubleshooting procedure a piece of cake for you.
Related article :-