What is QuickBooks error 6150 1006? Solutions Simply Answered
If you come across QuickBooks error 6150 1006 and wonder how to get rid of it, this blog will surely help. Before proceeding, let us discuss some facts about the error. First, it generally arises while creating, opening, or using the company files on QuickBooks Desktop. When the error encounters, it throws an error message on the screen that says, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.” The error usually occurs because of damage or corruption in the company file. Follow the complete blog to learn more about error 6150 1006 in QuickBooks.
We understand how challenging it is to resolve QuickBooks error 6150 1006 on time. For immediate help, we suggest calling us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430 and letting our QuickBooks support team handle it for you
Main causes of QuickBooks error code 6150 1006
It would be difficult for you to choose a suitable solution in order to resolve the issue without knowing the reason behind it. We have listed some common causes below, have a look:
1. A virus has infected the device and the software.
2. The data in the QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
Go through the next section of the blog for troubleshooting solutions.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 1920
Know Steps to Deal with QuickBooks company file error 6150 1006
Solution 1. Check your device for Crypto Wall virus
Infection from viruses or malware can prevent users from opening QuickBooks and the company file, leading to the error. To test your device, follow the steps given below:
1. Click the Windows Start icon, and in the search field, type and select File Explorer.
2. When the File Explorer opens, open the Local Disk C.
3. Find and open the QuickBooks folder.
4. Inside the folder, check if there are any files with ‘decrypt’ or ‘instructions’ words.
5. If there are no such files, your device is safe.
Now, proceed to Solution 2.
Solution 2. Prevent data loss by creating a backup file
1. Open QuickBooks, go to the File menu, and then select the Switch to Single-user mode option.
2. Go back to the File menu, choose Back up Company, and then Create Local Backup.
3. Click Local Backup and then Next.
4. Move to the Local Backup Only section, click Browse and choose a location to save your backup company file.
5. Click Save it now and then Next.
If the error continues, try Solution 3.
Read more :-
Solution 3. Put QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool to use
The following steps will help you recover lost data with the help of original .TLG and .QBW.adr file:
1. Create a new folder on your Windows Desktop with the name QBTest.
2. Locate and open the folder where all company files are kept.
3. From the company file folder, copy the file with .tlg extension and paste it to the QBTest folder you created.
4. Now, open the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder and copy the company file with .QBW.adr file.
5. Paste the copied folder to the QBTest folder.
6. Now, open the QBTest folder, change name of .QBW.adr file to .qbw.
7. Open QuickBooks and then the company file from the QBTest folder.
8. If the company file opens smoothly, it is good. Move it to the original location and remove the damaged company file to a different location.
You can also recover data by using the ADR version of .QBW and .TLG files, but it will only recover transactions of the last 12 hours.
We are optimistic that the troubleshooting steps discussed in the blog will help you fix QuickBooks error 6150 1006. If the error persists, dial our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and discuss the issue with certified QuickBooks professionals.
Related article :-