What is QuickBooks error 6147? Causes and How to Fix it
A lot of users face company file errors while opening it on QuickBooks. One most common among them is QuickBooks error 6147. The error shows up on the screen with a message, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.” The major cause behind the QuickBooks company file error 6147 is the damaged configuration files that allow users to access the multi-user mode. This blog will brief you on QuickBooks error 6147, its causes and solutions, so read carefully till the end.
If you need any technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 6147, then contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialing our helpline number 1.800.579.9430.
What are the factors responsible for QuickBooks error 6147?
The user may encounter the error due to the following reasons:
- The company file name is too long.
- Incorrect firewall and security settings.
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop.
- Some damage or corruption in the company file.
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given below.
You may also read: quickbooks event id 4
Quick troubleshooting Methods for QuickBooks error 6147
The following methods will help you fix the error:
Method 1. Rename .ND and .TLG files
- Open the folder containing the company file.
- Look for the company files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Next, right-click on each file and choose Rename.
- Add .old at the end of each file name.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file.
If you still get the error, move on to the next method.
Method 2. Adjust firewall settings
The steps given below will guide you through configuring firewall settings:
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Type “Windows Firewall” into the search field and open Windows Firewall.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Right-click Inbound Rules and select New Rule.
- Select Port and then select Next.
- Don’t forget to select TCP.
- From the Specific local ports field, enter the specific ports needed for the QuickBooks year version you are using.
- After entering the port number, click Next.
- Mark Allow the connection option and click Next.
- Ensure all the profiles are selected.
- Next, create a new rule and name it “QBPorts(year).”
- At last, click Finish.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting steps given in the blog help you resolve QuickBooks error 6147. If you face any trouble performing the methods, get assistance from the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.800.579.9430.