You are here
What is QuickBooks error 1706? Causes and How to Fix it
Just like QuickBooks, the user also gets errors while using and installing QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. The error comes up on the screen with a message, “Error: 1706 No valid source could be found when opening Point of Sale.” It is one of the common QuickBooks Point of Sale installation error. There are numerous reasons behind the error, such as damaged or outdated Microsoft .NET Framework and corrupted installation of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. Through this advisory blog, we will guide you on causes and troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks installation error 1706.
If you are wondering how to rectify QuickBooks error 1706, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team by dialing +1 800-579-9430 for effective troubleshooting assistance
What are the causes behind QuickBooks POS installation error 1706?
The error appears due to the following major reasons:
1. The Microsoft .NET Framework is damaged or not installed properly on the computer.
2. The QuickBooks Point of Sale installer is damaged or corrupted.
3. You are using the beta version of Microsoft .NET Framework on your workstation.
Now that you know what leads to the error, implement the solutions given below to fix the error from the root.
Read more :-
Most Effective Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks Desktop error 1706
Solution 1. Get the latest update of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
1. Open the Product updates page and select the QuickBooks Point of Sale version you use.
2. After choosing your product, follow the on-screen steps to install a Manual update.
3. When the install completes, reboot your computer.
Solution 2. Fresh install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Before you start the clean installing process, make sure you have a backup copy and QuickBooks information such as license and product number. To start:
1. Uninstall and remove QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- Tap the Windows and R keys at the same time on your computer to open the Run box.
- When the Run dialog box pops up, enter Control Panel and select OK.
- In the Control Panel, choose Programs and Features and then scroll the list of programs.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0 from the list and click Uninstall.
Follow the instructions given on the screen to finish the process.
2. Change the name of QuickBooks Point of Sale folders and delete the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows user:
- Locate the folder, right-click it and select the Rename option.
- Give the folder a new name by adding .old at the end.
- Next, open Control Panel and choose User Accounts.
- Click Manage another account, move to the User Account Control window and click Continue.
- Choose QBPOSDBSrvUser, then select Delete the account and confirm the deletion.
l Once finished, restart your computer.
3. Install the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale again.
It’s time to conclude our blog on QuickBooks error 1706. We provided the most effective solutions to fix the issue. If you need additional solutions for the same, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 6129