You are here
What is QuickBooks Crash Catcher Error? How to Fix it?
QuickBooks Crash Catcher Error is an error which comes in the Mac OS. Crash Error displays the message “ An error has occurred, and QuickBooks must quit”. This error catcher comes at times when QuickBooks encounters an unexpected issue. In this blog, we will be discussing crash catcher error and the appropriate steps for resolving this Error. Stick to the blog until the end.
Users also need to understand why this Error occurs to fix it properly. We are here with this blog to answer every question related to QuickBooks Crash Catcher Error. However, in case you find any difficulty while resolving this Error, talk to our experienced & certified QuickBooks experts for help at our toll-free number (1-855)-856-0042.
Reasons due to which QuickBooks Crash Catcher Error occurs in Mac
- If the user has not updated QuickBooks software on a regular basis.
- If the maintenance release is not being carried out on time.
- The Error also occurs due to Unverified QuickBooks Company File.
- In case any third-party application on the computer is disrupting QuickBooks processes.
- When users don’t have sufficient admin rights.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83
How To Fix QuickBooks Crash Catcher Error?
Solution 1: Running your computer in Safe Boot mode
This helps users in checking if there’s a conflict between QB and something which is installed on your computer.
- At first, Shutdown your computer.
- Now Press the Power button, and then press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard until you see your Desktop.
- Open QB and perform the same task that you were trying to complete before the Crash Catcher error appeared on your screen.
- Note: If you’re unable to reproduce the problem, this might indicate a conflict between QuickBooks and something installed on your computer.
- Now, go back to normal mode by restarting your computer without pressing anything.
- In case the issue persists in normal mode, contact an IT professional.
Solution 2: Add New Mac OS user
- Create a new user to determine if the permission of the user is causing the Error.
- Click on the Apple menu and then choose System Preferences.
- Click on the Users & Groups icon.
- Now, Select the + button for adding a new user with Admin level permissions.
- Then, Sign in with this new user.
- Open QB, then try to regenerate the issue.
In the end, we recommend you to execute these methods in the presence of an IT professional. Moreover, if you need an IT professional or any support in resolving QuickBooks Crash Catcher error, call our QuickBooks experts at our toll-free number (1-855)-856-0042.
Also read this blog: Facts You Should Know When Resolving QuickBooks Error H505