You are here
What does QuickBooks Error 301 Means and How to Fix it?
- 174 reads
QuickBooks error 301 is an online banking error in the program that arises when you try to download your transactions or open your online banking in QuickBooks Desktop. This common error is a result of corruption in the company data and internet settings that helps your system connect to the internet. When users were dealing with error code 61, Our support team experts found the root causes of the error and some quick solutions. In this article, we have first highlighted the reasons due to which you get error code 301 in QuickBooks and solutions that will rectify the issue in no time.
To seek direct troubleshooting assistance to fix QuickBooks banking error 301 from our QuickBooks experts, reach QuickBooks support at 1.800.579.0391
Following are the Reasons that Prompts Error 301 in QuickBooks
- If the connection between your bank and QuickBooks is interrupted or lost.
- Corruption in the company data where the banking info is saved can also be a reason for the occurrence of error 301 in QuickBooks Desktop.
- If your bank is maintaining the servers, then also you can face issues accessing your banking info in QuickBooks Desktop.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6130
Top Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Online Banking Error 301
Solution 1: Refresh All the Online Banking Connections in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the List menu to select Chart of Accounts.
- Click the Include Inactive option that you can see at the bottom of the screen.
- Now disable the bank feeds for every account you see on the screen, which includes the inactive accounts.
- Restart QuickBooks and enable bank feeds for all accounts you want to access.
- Check if you can now access the bank feeds in QuickBooks.
If the error persists and you still get error code 301 while accessing the bank feeds, follow the next troubleshooting solution and repair the company data using QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6210
Solution 2: Rebuild the Company Data File to Resolve any Data Damage Issues
- Open QuickBooks, go to the File tab and look for the Utilities option.
- Click the Utilities option, and a drop-down list will open on the screen.
- Select the Verify Data option from the list of options in the drop-down list, and the selected tool will start scanning the QuickBooks data file for any damage.
- If the damage is found in the data file, you will get an option that says “Rebuild Now.”
- Click the Rebuild Now option, and the tool will now repair the QuickBooks data file for you.
- Once the file is repaired, try to access the bank feeds and check if repairing the company data resolves the error.
If QuickBooks Error 301 is still not resolved, there could be a possibility that your bank’s server is undergoing maintenance. Contact your bank and confirm when the banking servers will be back online. If you found no issues with the bank’s server, and the error is still restricting you from accessing your bank feeds, you must contact QuickBooks banking support for help at 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks server busy error
Add new comment