You are here
What’s the Deal with QuickBooks Error 15241?
- 14 reads
QuickBooks has an amazing tool to manage and organize the employee funds, known as QuickBooks Payroll. In order to keep this tool functional, it is necessary that you update it after regular periods of time. However, many users have reported a common error that arises when they download or install the payroll updates. This is the error message displayed on the screen “QuickBooks Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully.” This error can occur if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled. Read the blog till the end to find more relevant information.
Handling QuickBooks Error 15241 on your own can be tricky. Call our experts and loosen your worries. Dial 1-855-856-0042 to find the right solution.
Recommended to Read :
Origins of QuickBooks Error Code 15241
- A disabled File Copy Service (FCS) is the most fundamental reason for this error.
- A corrupted company file.
- When essential QuickBooks file components have been deleted from the device.
- A damaged Windows Registry could also lead to error 15241.
- A block imposed by the system firewall or anti-virus program.
Practical Methods to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Message 15241
It is time to learn about the troubleshooting ways for error 15241 in QB. We shall first alter the FC Services for QuickBook and then jump on to re-activating your payroll service key. Read the instructions carefully -
Method 1 - Configure the FCS Settings in Windows
You must perform this procedure on your computer if you operate Windows 8, 7 or Vista -
- Terminate all QuickBooks screens.
- Press the Windows button.
- Go to the My Computer tab and select the Manage option.
- Move to the Services and Applications section.
- You should see a Services button, select it.
- Now, click twice on Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- Navigate to the General section and press the Startup Type button.
- Choose the Manual option and then hit Apply.
- At last, tap on Start and click on OK.
- Access QuickBooks and download the latest available update.
Method 2 - Re-Activate the Payroll Service Key to Update the Payroll Connection
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your screen.
- Tap on the Employees tab to view the drop-down menu.
- Click on My Payroll Service Key and then choose the “Activate Service Key” option.
- A Service Key window will pop-up on your screen.
- Select the accurate payroll and click on Edit.
- You need to continue clicking the Next button, until you see the Finish ribbon.
- Once the whole process is complete, your Payroll Service Key will be re-validated.
- Access QuickBooks to check if the issue has been resolved.
Once you follow the hacks mentioned above, the QuickBooks Error 15241 issue should cease to exist. However, if the error persists, we recommend you getting in touch with our specialists at 1-855-856-0042 for the same.
You may also read |
Add new comment