You are here
What’s the Deal with QuickBooks Error 1311 and How to Resolve it?
- 10 reads
In recent days, many users have reported QuickBooks error 1311 while installing QuickBooks Desktop using CDs or exporting reports from some financial statement designer to Microsoft Excel. The error code pops up on the screen with an error message, stating, “Source file not found (name of the file). Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.” Generally, such an error gets triggered when there is some damage done to the Microsoft Office program files. However, there can be several other reasons behind the occurrence of error 1311 that we will discuss further in this post alongside their troubleshooting solutions.
Need instant troubleshooting assistance resolving QuickBooks error 1311! Feel free to get in touch with the QuickBooks support team by dialing our customer support number (844)-932-1139.
What causes QuickBooks error code 1311?
Down below we have mentioned all the possible reasons that can trigger QuickBooks error code 1311:
- Damaged or corrupted MS Office program files.
- There is some issue with the QuickBooks CD or CD-ROM drive.
What should you do to fix QuickBooks error 1311?
Solution 1) Repair the Microsoft Office program for Windows
- On the keyboard, press Windows + R keys to open the Run command window.
- Type “Control Panel” in the Run command dialog box and then click on the OK button.
- In the control panel, find the Programs and Features option and select it.
- Select MS Office from the list of installed programs and then click on the Change option.
- Select the Repair option and then hit the Continue button.
- Once MS Office repairing is done, click on the Finish button.
Solution 2) Copy QuickBooks installation files to local drive and then install them
- At first, open the CD-ROM drive and insert the QuickBooks installation CD into it.
- In case the installation of QuickBooks starts automatically, hit the Quit button on the installer window.
- On the desktop, create a new folder named QuickBooks Installation.
- Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open the Windows File Explorer.
- Open the CD-ROM drive and then press Ctrl + A keys simultaneously to select all the installation files.
- Copy all the selected files by pressing Ctrl + C keys and then paste all the copied installation files to the QuickBooks Installation folder you have created on the desktop.
- In the QuickBooks Installation folder, look for the file named setup.exe and double-click it to start installing QuickBooks Desktop.
If QuickBooks error 1311 persists even after following all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above, then there might have been some compatibility issues between MS Office and QuickBooks Desktop versions. We suggest you check the compatibility of MS Office with the QuickBooks Desktop version you are using. You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks professionals at (844)-932-1139 for additional troubleshooting assistance.
Add new comment