Verified Solutions for the QuickBooks Error 6073
QuickBooks is a platform where the accounting needs of the middle to small-sized businesses are fulfilled with innovation and technical assistance. The software tool presents a great set of features to carry out daily accounting tasks in an efficient and automated manner. However, some certain errors or issues need to be addressed so the users could resolve them on their own. Today, we will talk about one such issue, QuickBooks error 6073. The error message states that “QuickBooks is not able to open the company file”. The error typically occurs when the file is open on another computer and the multi-user mode is disabled or if the company file folder has read-only access. Let’s find out more about it below.
Looking for an overall solution that covers all of your QuickBooks errors and provides support for petty technicalities as well? Call on the helpline number (844)-932-1139 and get the best support for your issues anytime.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Company File Error 6073
There are several causes behind the QuickBooks error code 6073 and some of them are stated below.
- The file you are trying to open is a read-only file.
- When you try to access the file remotely, and the host system sees that the user is still logged in.
- When you use the Linux server to host the company file, and multiple login credentials are being used for logging in the shared folder.
- If the file is open on another system and multi-user mode is turned-off.
Be it any of the aforementioned causes, you can resolve the problem by following the solutions mentioned in the next segment.
What are the Solutions to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 6073?
Follow the instructions mentioned in the solutions below step by step to get rid of the QuickBooks error message 6073 99001.
Solution- 1: Configure the Hidden Files and Folders
There is a possibility that the company file itself is deemed protected by the operating system and stored to the hidden files and folders. Follow the steps mentioned below to unhide it.
- Go to the File Explorer and select the Organize button.
- Choose Folder and Search Options and go the View tab.
- Click on Show Hidden Files and Folders and untick the checkbox against Hide protected system operating files.
- To confirm the action, click on Yes and select Apply.
- At last, click on OK.
Follow the next solution if the error is still showing.
Solution- 2: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor from the Tool Hub
The file doctor utility in QuickBooks fixes any underlying damage in the company file that might be behind the error. You can run the tool through QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on the desktop to open it.
- Select Company File Issues and choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the damaged file.
- When you are done, try to open the company file.
- If you still can’t open it, come back to the Tool Hub and click on Program Problems.
- Choose Quick Fix my Program and let the scan finish.
- Try opening the file once again.
If you still can’t access the company file, follow the next solution.
We would like to conclude this post here. We hope that the information here on the QuickBooks error 6073 will be useful to you and will solve the issue for good. However, if the problem persists, call on the toll-free number (844)-932-1139 and get external assistance on the matter immediately.