You are here
Valuable Methods to counter QuickBooks error 181016
A large number of store owners use QuickBooks Point of Sale to track their daily sales. The software has multiple methods for accepting payments and helps the owners design the inventory according to the customer needs to generate maximum profit. You’ll encounter QuickBooks error 181016 while working on the software if there is more than one company file with an identical name. If you also came across this error while running a financial exchange, continue reading this blog till the end to learn about the reasons for this error and the appropriate ways to tackle it.
If you find troubleshooting complex, call 1.855.738.2784 to let a QB support team resolve this issue.
About the issue
This is a QuickBooks Point of Sale error that occurs while running the financial exchange between the software. A duplicate company file name or a lousy internet connection can cause this issue causing the ongoing process to terminate instantly. You’ll not be able to access your QB POS data due to this error, and a software crash is a possibility after the development of this error.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 404
The causes of this error are mentioned below-
- There are multiple versions of QuickBooks POS installed on your computer.
- Another file exists with the same company file name you tried to use.
- QuickBooks is restricted from running certain functions because you are not using the Administrator mode.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Won't Open
Solution 1- Sign in to windows as an Admin user
QuickBooks uses multiple files and processes run smoothly. If due to any reason, the software faces difficulties while accessing a file due to folder permissions or any of its functions gets blocked by the Windows firewall, this error is bound to occur. If you are using a regular Windows account, follow the steps given below to prevent this issue by using you Windows Admin account-
- Press Windows + R together on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the control panel in the command field and press Enter.
- Select User accounts from the menu and click Manage User accounts in the next window.
- Ensure the account you use has admin access, or try to log in again as a Windows Admin.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
Try the next method if the issues are still present in the software.
Solution 2- Verify your company file name is unique
You can also face this error if there is more than one company file with an identical name. You can check for any duplicate files and change their name by using the methods given below-
- Click on File in the menu and select Company operations.
- Click on Open existing company and check if a file with a duplicate name is in the drop-down list.
- If you find a duplicate file, go to Company operations again.
- Select Rename company and hit Next.
- Type any new desired name and save the file.
The issue will be resolved instantly after using these methods.
This is the farthest limit of our blog, which explains the origin of QuickBooks error 181016. You are now known of the triggers of this error along with some counter methods, which we hope you used and your QuickBooks is running error-free again.
If you still struggle with this issue, dial 1.855.738.2784 to approach a QB support team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6209