You are here
Usable techniques to counter QuickBooks Error Code 6190
QuickBooks is a leading bookkeeping software released by Intuit a few decades ago. Since then, it has been involved in the financial management of numerous small & medium-sized businesses worldwide. The software compromises an easy-to-use interface and reliable services that increase the profits of a business. Despite all this, internal issues like QuickBooks Error Code 6190 are common in the software, making the company file inaccessible to the user. If you also came across this problem in your QuickBooks, read this blog thoroughly till the end to figure out the causes of this error and the methods to rectify it.
QB-Related queries can be easily fixed with the assistance of a QB support team available at 1-855-856-0042 .
About this issue
This is a company file error which indicates that the file is preoccupied with another user running QuickBooks in single-user mode. All the other systems in the network cannot access the file due to this, and an error message will be displayed on the screen every time you try. So you’ll have to fix this error before re-accessing the company file.
Recommended to read: How to fix
The possible triggers for this error are mentioned underneath-
- The company file is being used by another user connected to the network in single-user mode.
- The multi-user network isn’t established due to damaged or missing .tlg or .nd files.
- QuickBooks is suffering from issues due to its faulty installation on your system.
The appropriate methods that can be used to tackle this error are listed below-
Solution 1- Rename the Transaction log file and Network descriptor file
The transaction log (.tlg) file stores all the transaction records that occur in the software and the Network descriptor (.nd) file is responsible for locating the files and initiating a multi-user network. In case any of these program files is damaged or missing from the system, the multi-user network will suffer, and the company file will become unreachable. Follow the steps given below to rename the QB files-
- Use the file explorer to open the QuickBooks folder.
- Right-click on the file with the extension .tlg and an identical name to your company file.
- Select Rename and add ‘.old’ at the end of the file name.
- Rename the .nd file using the steps above.
- Reopen QuickBooks and try to open the company file again.
Move on to the next method if the error still appears while opening the file.
Solution 2- Utilize the Quick fix my program tool
This error might also occur when QuickBooks starts to malfunction due to missing or damaged program files. It can be repaired using the latest version of QuickBooks Tool hub as mentioned in the steps below-
- Open the QB Tool hub on your PC and click on Program Problems.
- Tap Quick fix my program in the drop-down list.
- Wait until the tool has finished the repairs and reopen QuickBooks.
The error will be fixed, and the company file will open without issues.
This is the end of the blog classifying QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and why it might emerge in the software. Some practical methods to get rid of this error are also mentioned in the blog, and we hope you use them to run QuickBooks error free again.
If you have any queries left, clarify them by speaking with a QB ProAdvisor expert at 1-855-856-0042.