You are here
Update QuickBooks Company File: Read the Detailed Process Here
QuickBooks Desktop users shift to new versions of this application regularly in order to get enhanced features and tools. After switching to the updated QB Desktop version, the company file does not work correctly on the user’s computer.
It is because they also need to Update QuickBooks Company File through an appropriate procedure which is actually very easy to implement.
This blog describes the reliable procedure through which you will be able to update your company file on the system.
If you want professional assistance to ‘Update QuickBooks Company File’, you can dial +1 800-579-9430 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Relevant Procedure to Upgrade the QB Desktop Company File on the System
The step-wise process to upgrade the QB Desktop Company File is explained below:
Step 1: Get the new version of the QB Desktop application installed on your computer
- First and foremost, you should log into Windows with complete admin rights to download and install the latest version of the QB Desktop application on your computer.
- Once you have completed the installation of the new version of the QB Desktop application, you should follow the remaining steps for each company file that you wish to upgrade.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 1603
Step 2: Execute the Rebuild Tool for the company file to prepare it for the update process
- Just open up the company file that you desire to upgrade to in the original version of the QB Desktop application and then strike the ‘F2’ key on the keyboard so that you can get the ‘Product Information Window’ on the screen.
- Once you obtain the exact location of the company file on your computer from the ‘Product Information Window’, you need to run the Rebuild Tool for it.
- Simply tap the ‘Utilities’ tab located under the ‘File’ menu of the QB application to reach the ‘Rebuild Data’ option, and once you hit the ‘Rebuild Tool’ option, you will be asked to provide a suitable place for saving the backup copy of the company file.
- Once you provide the location to save the backup file, the Rebuild Data tool will kick-start its execution to prepare the company file for the update process.
- Upon the full execution of the Rebuild Data tool, you will receive a confirmatory message, and then you can jump to the next step.
Read more :- QuickBooks will not open
Step 3: Upgrade the chosen company file using the latest version of the QB Desktop application
- Before opening the new version of the QB Desktop application, ensure that no other user is logged into the company file. After that, you have to reach the ‘Open or restore company’ tab provided under the ‘File’ menu in the new version of the QB application.
- Just strike the ‘Open a company file’ and the ‘Next’ options successively, and then you have to choose the company file from its original location on your system.
- Once you have browsed the required company file, hit the ‘Open’ button and then log into the company file with admin privileges.
- A new backup of the selected company file will be swiftly created, and after that, you just have to tap the ‘Update Now’ button to kick off the update process.
- As soon as the required company file gets fully upgraded, simply hit the ‘Done’ button to finish this process.
These were the valid steps to ‘Update QuickBooks Company File’. If you need more guidance regarding these steps or any other technical issue, just dial +1 800-579-9430 to contact our QB Technical Support Team.
Related article :-