Try These Pro Tips to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 15215
Digital signatures are the certificate that verifies the authenticity of any application, and if these are missing, corrupt Windows will not allow the installation of such apps. When the same happens with QuickBooks and its updates, users get QuickBooks error 15215. This is an error that appears while downloading QuickBooks payroll updates. The error message that appears on the user's screen states, “Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature.” If you are also dealing with the same issue and need solutions curated by experts, keep reading the article.
If the solutions given in this article are too technical for you, then you can reach the QuickBooks support team by dialing QuickBooks Desktop technical support number 1-855-856-0042
Recommended to Read :
Here are the Reasons that Trigger QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15215
The most common reason for error code 15215 to appear on the user's screen is the interruption caused by some other application running on Windows. Below is the list of other reasons that can trigger the same error in the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- If the user is not logged in as the administrator while downloading payroll updates.
- Internet Explorer settings are not set to allow QuickBooks to download the payroll updates.
- Windows firewall is restricting QuickBooks from connecting to the update server.
As you are now aware of the reasons that result in QuickBooks payroll update error 15215, let’s discuss the solutions that will help you resolve them.
Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 15215
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks with Administrative Rights
- First, log out from the current user account.
- Now sign in using the admin account credentials.
- Open QuickBooks and try to install payroll updates.
- If you fail to install the updates due to error code 15215, follow the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2: Tweak Internet Explorer’s Settings
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools option from the top-right.
- Select Internet Options and go to the Advanced tab.
- Now, checkmark the Use TLS 1.0 option and uncheck the Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 option.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes and try to install the payroll updates once again.
Follow the next solution if the one above did not help you resolve the error.
Solution 3: Use Windows Selective Startup Mode to Install QuickBooks Payroll Updates
- Press Windows + R to open the Run command box.
- Now type MSConfig in the text field and press Enter.
- Checkmark the Selective Startup option and uncheck the Load Startup Items option.
- Restart the computer and try to install the updates. If you are successful this time, make sure to reboot your system back in normal startup mode.
If for some reason, you are still unable to install QuickBooks payroll updates and QuickBooks error 15215 is reappearing on the screen, then you might need to reinstall the QuickBooks application completely. If you need the guidance of a certified QuickBooks Desktop expert resolving the error, dial 1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with one now.