You are here
TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TO RESOLVE QUICKBOOKS ERROR 185
QuickBooks online error 185 occurs when the user tries to merge or connect with the bank accounts. The Bank Account Connection error 185 indicates that the bank or financial institution needs more information other than the login credentials. The user might also get the error while uploading the bank transactions. The financial institution may want to fulfill additional security requirements or one-time passwords for security purposes. In this blog, we will discuss about QuickBooks DB error 185, its causes and troubleshooting solutions.
If you are looking for an immediate solution to get rid of QuickBooks error 185, then call us on our helpline number (800)-417-5147 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks experts
Factors leading to Error 185 in QuickBooks Online
Before moving to the solutions to fix Bank Account Connection error 185, have a look at the reasons behind the error:
- There is a problem updating the bank account.
- Outdated QuickBooks application can also be the reason.
- The financial institution is unable to verify the identity.
- Network timeout while answering the security questions.
Quick Fixes for QuickBooks Online Error 185
Following are the most preferred solutions to resolve QuickBooks DB error 185:
Solution 1. Refreshing the bank accounts
- Foremost, open QuickBooks.
- Go to the Bank Accounts page.
- Select the Refresh All option.
- Refresh the page three to four times.
- Enter the credentials.
- Answer the security questions.
- At last, click Enter.
If you are still getting QuickBooks error 185, try the next troubleshooting.
Solution 2. Download the bank transactions manually
Follow the steps given below to download the transactions for the connected bank account:
- Open QuickBooks Online.
- Click on the Banking menu.
- Choose the account for which you want to upload the transactions.
- Next, click on the Link Account drop-down menu.
- Select Upload from file.
- Click on Browse and choose the downloaded file.
- Click Next.
- Perform the step-wise instructions and match the columns with the correct fields in QuickBooks.
- Choose Next and select the transactions you want to import.
- Select Yes.
- Click Let’s go when you are ready.
That’s all about QuickBooks error 185. We hope you find the blog informative and the problem is fixed. In case the issue persists, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer service number (800)-417-5147.