You are here
Troubleshooting Guide for the QuickBooks Error Code 6010
QuickBooks is an advanced accounting software with effective tools and continuous technical support of 24*7. It has a vast reach within small to middle-sized businesses, thanks to its never-ending innovation and a simple user interface. However, even in such a perfect automate software, issues like QuickBooks error code 6010 can create havoc in a user’s hectic schedule. It usually occurs when the user tries to install the QuickBooks application but the system suggests to install it again. The error message reads that “Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again”. So let’s talk about its causes in detail and get to some possible solutions.
On a different note, if you feel like that you may require external assistance to carry out the error by yourself, call on the toll-free number (844)-932-1139 and get immediate help from the experts.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks installation error code 6010 100
Below are mentioned the primary causes of the QuickBooks Pro error 6010. Check them out.
- The network data file is detached from the transaction log and the QuickBooks company file.
- A recent change in QuickBooks, causing corruption in the Windows registry.
- The QuickBooks company file has been accidentally deleted by the user or some other program.
- Your anti-virus application or Internet security settings are preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.
After pondering over the causes of the error, let’s find out some solutions to quickly resolve it.
What are the steps required to fix the QuickBooks error code 6010?
Follow the solutions mentioned below to quickly apprehend the QuickBooks error message 6010.
Solution- 1: Stop the Multi-User Hosting Access
If you are not using the QuickBooks in single-user mode without any multi-user requirements, the QuickBooks will face some errors. To fix the issues, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Leave QuickBooks and then log into your windows as an Administrator.
- Now press and hold the CTRL key and click the QB icon to run the application in No Company Open mode.
- From under the file tab, select Utilities and then further select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
- Click Yes and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once done, try to open the company file in QuickBooks. If you can’t, follow the next solutions.
Solution- 2: Rename the Network Data File
If your network data file is damaged, there are a couple of steps required to fix it. Check them out below.
- Open the folder containing QuickBooks company file.
- Find and right-click the file with .ND extension and select Rename.
- Add .GYB at the end of the file name and then quit QuickBooks.
- Try to access the QuickBooks file once again.
Restart QuickBooks to check if the error is gone.
Here comes the end of this blog on QuickBooks error code 6010. We hope that you find the answer to your every query or problem in this written piece. However, if you still can’t budge the issue, call on the helpline number (844)-932-1139 and get immediate live support.