You are here
Tried and Tested Guide to Fix QuickBooks error H303
QuickBooks is known for its efficient multi-user feature that allows multiple users to work on the same company file from a distant location altogether. Unluckily, there are instances when users get QuickBooks error H303 while switching to multi-user mode. The error creates a lot of chaos as it restricts users from accessing company file. Incorrect hosting set up and a problem with the QuickBooks Database Server Manager are the primary factors responsible for the error. Other causes behind the same are discussed in the next section of the advisory blog. To get complete insights on error h303 in QuickBooks, stay connected with us until the end.
We understand resolving QuickBooks error H303 is a troublesome task. No worries, our team of QuickBooks is available to assist you fix it. You can connect to them anytime by dialing our customer support number 1-855-856-0042.
What are the major triggers of error h303 in QuickBooks Desktop?
1. Restrictions from Windows Firewall on QuickBooks while connecting to the server are one of the leading causes of the error.
2. Another reason is a problem with the multi-user hosting setup.
Recommended to read:
Fixing QuickBooks Desktop H303 with Tested Solutions
Solution 1. Configure hosting on workstations and server and reset multi-user mode
1. Start QuickBooks on one of the workstations getting error code h303.
2. Choose the File tab at the place of opening the company file.
3. Select the Utilities option and look for the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
4. If you find the same, select it. Don’t select the Host Multi-User Access option, as it indicates this workstation is not causing the issue.
5. After changing hosting settings on the workstation, follow the same procedure on other workstations as well to reset hosting.
6. Next, shift to the server computer and open QuickBooks Desktop.
7. Again, select the File menu and choose the Utilities option.
8. Under Utilities, locate and select the Host Multi-User Access option. Don’t click the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
Solution 2. Run server manager from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix multi-user hosting issues
1. After closing company files and QuickBooks, get the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version from Intuit’s official website.
2. Save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to an easily approachable location, then open it and perform the prompt instructions.
3. Agree to the terms and conditions to install the QB Tool Hub successfully on your workstation.
4. Once done, locate the tool hub icon on your desktop and double-click to open it.
5. Click the Network Issues tab, choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager and choose your company file folder.
6. If your company file folder is not visible, click Browse to locate it on your system.
7. After selecting the folder, click Start Scan and the QB server manager will start repairing the firewall permissions.
8. When the repair completes, click Close and reopen QuickBooks.
9. From the File tab, select and switch QuickBooks to multi-user mode.
That’s it. We are optimistic that you find the above-discussed solutions helpful in resolving QuickBooks error H303. If none of them work for you, our team of QuickBooks professionals could help you with the advanced troubleshooting techniques. To get assistance, dial our toll-free number 1-855-856-0042 and have words with them.
Really useful to learn: QuickBooks Error 6150 1006 | Simple Techniques to Fix