Tips To Resolve Outlook Disconnected And Forgot Password Issues
Outlook is indeed the best email service provider, but issues can happen even with the best. Though Outlook is built on advanced technology and its features are smooth to function, even advanced technologies can have technical issues. We will discuss the two issues that occur in Outlook and most users face them. The first issue is of disconnected Outlook and the second issue is of lost my Outlook password. Outlook can have another issue as well, but these two issues are the common ones. We will first discuss the Outlook disconnected issue, and then the forgot password issue. Let's first understand how to know that our Outlook is having a disconnected issue.
How to Tell that Outlook is Disconnected?
The symptoms of disconnected Outlook are; you won't be able to configure your mailbox, view emails, receive or send new emails. But the confirmed way to tell that your Outlook is disconnected is:
- Go to the Outlook application, open your inbox of Outlook.
- Now, at the bottom of the inbox window, you will see the 'Disconnected' message.
These were the signs that can help us in knowing that we are having Outlook disconnected issues. After this, we will discuss some methods that can help us in resolving this disconnected issue.
Method to Resolve the Outlook Disconnected Issue
Below mentioned are the steps or methods that you can try as Outlook disconnected fix. These methods are easy to execute; follow them carefully:
- Firstly, check the status of your internet connection. You can check it by opening your favorite browser and search for a valid URL. If you cannot access the entered URL, then it means that your internet connection is not proper.
- Switch off your computer and then restart it again. After this, try to relaunch the Outlook application.
- Set your Outlook in the offline mode and then remove it from the Work offline mode.
- Tap on the Send'Receive tab > click on the 'Work offline' button and then tap on it again to remove the highlight from it.
- Now, go back to the inbox window and see if you still see the 'Disconnected' message at the bottom of the screen.
These are the steps or methods that you can try to solve the problem of Outlook disconnected. Now, we will start the discussion on the password recovery method for our Outlook account. Forgetting passwords is common, and it happens for many things, not only Outlook. The steps to recover the password for different platforms can be easy or difficult, but recovering the Outlook password is very simple if we use the steps discussed further.
Steps to Recover Your Outlook.com Password
The password for your Outlook.com account is the same as your password of Microsoft account. If you forgot Outlook password, then you can use the steps below to recover it in no time:
- Visit the Microsoft account security page and select the option of 'Password security.'
- You will now have to verify your identity with the help of a security code because this is a security measure that you will have to follow. It will be entirely your decision to receive the security code; on your phone or at your email address. After this, you will need to verify the last four digits of your mobile number or your email address, and then select the option of 'Send code.'
- Enter the received code and click 'Submit.'
- If you cannot receive the verification code on your email address, choose the one different from the one you are trying to recover the password.
These are the steps that you need to execute when you have forgot Outlook login password. I hope you would have now got the solutions for both Outlook disconnected and forgot password issues. The steps mentioned to resolve the issues are easy to execute, and you do not need any prior technical knowledge for executing them. But, if you still have any difficulty, then take the help of a technician or professional to help you with the steps and problem.