You are here
A Short Troubleshooting Guide To Rectify QuickBooks Error 15215
Among the 15XXX series of errors, QuickBooks error 15215 is the one that many users have reported in recent days while downloading the latest updates of their QuickBooks Desktop applications. A user might see an error description stating, “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.” Updating QuickBooks from time to time improves the overall functionality and brings new accounting features. Thus, resolving QuickBooks update error 15215 as quickly as possible is important for users. Through this post, we will discuss the reasons behind it and the troubleshooting solutions to rectify it.
Are you looking for immediate troubleshooting help to get over QuickBooks error 15215? If yes, feel free to speak to certified QuickBooks professionals at (1.800.579.0391).
What triggers the error 15215 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Error 15215 in QuickBooks Desktop usually takes place due to the reasons we have mentioned below:
- Windows Security Certificate has been expired.
- The Internet Explorer function is failing to register QuickBooks digital signatures.
- The security settings of Internet Explorer are ill configured.
What should you do to rectify QuickBooks error 15215?
Solution 1) Manually install the latest updates of your Windows
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to choose the Start menu.
- Enter “Settings” into the search space and select Settings from the search results.
- On the Settings window, choose the Update & Security option.
- Click the Windows Update tab (from the left pane).
- Select the Check for updates button to search for the latest Windows updates.
- If there are any Windows updates available, click on the Download and install button.
Solution 2) Manually install a digital signature certificate of QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Enter “QBW32.exe” into the search box and right-click QBW32.exe.
- Select the Properties option.
- Go to the Digital Signature tab and select Intuit,Inc. from the signature list.
- Select Details and then click on the View Certificate button.
- Click on the Install Certificate button.
- Continuously click Next until you see Finish.
- Click the Finish button and then reboot your computer.
Solution 3) Add QuickBooks websites as trusted sites in Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet Explorer icon and choose Open to open the web browser.
- Click on the gear icon (Tools menu) and choose Internet Options from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Security tab and then select the Trusted sites icon.
- Click on the Site button and then add the following websites:
- After adding QuickBooks websites as trusted sites, click the Close button.
- Click on the Apply button and then hit the OK button.
If you see QuickBooks Error 15215 even after implementing the aforementioned troubleshooting solutions, then we suggest you reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the Clean Install tool and check if this fixes the error. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting assistance fixing QuickBooks update error 15215 from QuickBooks professionals at 1.800.579.0391.