You are here
Resolve the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped Issue
QuickBooks Database Manager is a utility service that allows more than one user to access the database and the company file stored on the host server. This means the QBDBMgrN is a crucial tool for running the QuickBooks multi-user mode. But sometimes, issues occur wherein the QBDBMgrN keeps stopping. The QuickBooks Database Server Manager has stopped issue can occur due to a few possible reasons. In this article, we are going to provide you with the reasons and solutions to eradicate this error reliably.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or resolving the error on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our technical team.
Possible Reasons why QuickBooks Database Server Manager won’t Start
The QBDBMgrN keeps stopping error can occur due to the following reasons –
- Windows firewall is causing an obstruction and is interrupting the service.
- Your firewall is not updated and needs to be reconfigured.
- Windows OS is not up-to-date and you need to install the recent updates.
- There are issues with the QuickBooks Database Service and you need to restart it.
Recommended to read:
How to Rectify the QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer Issue?
If you are facing the QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped problem, follow the steps provided below to resolve it –
Step 1. Restart the QBDBMgrN from the Run Window
If there are some minor issues and glitches while running the service, restarting the server can help resolve them.
- Open the Run window and type services.msc in the appeared box.
- Search for the QuickBooks Database Server listed in the range of QuickBooksDB26 to QuickBooksDB28.
- Right-click and select Restart to reactivate the database manager and reopen QuickBooks to check the error status.
Step 2. Install Windows Updates and Re-access the Server
Make sure that your Windows is up-to-date to resolve the QBDBMgrN won’t start issue.
- Open the Run window and type Control firewall.cpl in the text box to check for updates.
- If updates are available, click Update Now and use the recommended settings to complete the process.
- Once done, perform a system restart and re-access the database server to check if the issue is dismissed.
Step 3. Update your Windows Firewall and Install Latest Security Updates
If the firewall is causing an obstruction, you need to update the firewall and modify the settings.
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel in the run window to access it.
- From the System and Security tab, select Windows Firewall and click on Check for Updates.
- Alternatively, you can also run the firewall.cpl command to access the firewall settings.
- Go to the Update your Firewall Settings section and click Update Now to install the updates.
- Now, restart your system and reopen QuickBooks to check if you are able to access the company file in multi-user mode.
The QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped issue can be rectified with the help of the steps given above. If you are still unable to eliminate the error, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get professional assistance from our team of experts.