You are here
Reliable Analysis & Resolutions for QuickBooks Error 15242
- 2 reads
Many errors can restrict the QB Payroll update process on the system & one of the common payroll update errors is QuickBooks Error 15242, which mostly occurs due to inoperative QB File Copy Service (FCS).
Without payroll updates, QB Desktop users cannot get the new features & they are also not able to accomplish usual payroll-related tasks efficiently.
This detailed blog will illustrate the most reliable step-wise resolutions for the complete eradication of this error.
If you want swift technical advice to tackle QuickBooks Error 15242, you can dial +1 800-417-5147 to easily contact our QB Professionals Team.
What Factors Can Cause ‘15242 QB Payroll Update Error’?
The ‘15242 QB Payroll Update Error’ can arise due to the reasons given below:
- As mentioned before, the inoperative state of the QB File Copy Service (FCS) is primarily responsible for this error.
- Defective installation of QuickBooks Desktop & imperfect Windows Registry can also trigger this error.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 15270
How Can ‘QB 15242 Payroll Update Error Message’ Be Eradicated?
The ‘QB 15242 Payroll Update Error Message’ can be eradicated through the resolutions given below:
Resolution 1: Properly enable the QB Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) on your system to completely root out this issue
- Here, firstly, you need to tap the ‘Windows + R’ keys together to get the ‘Run’ window on the computer’s screen, and after that, you should type ‘COMPMGMT.MSC’ in the required field of the ‘Run’ window immediately.
- When you hit the ‘OK’ button on the ‘Run’ window, you will instantly get the ‘Computer Management Window’ on your screen, and on that window, you must tap on the ‘Services and Applications’ menu.
- Thereafter, discover and suitably click on the ‘Services’ tab so that you can find the ‘Intuit QuickBooks FCS’ option on the window, and then you shall only need to double-click on that option in order to access it.
- Now, proceed to the ‘Startup Type’ menu displayed within the ‘Intuit QuickBooks FCS’ window so that you are able to select the ‘Manual’ option, and then you can easily hit the ‘Apply’ and the ‘OK’ buttons to finish the entire procedure.
- Finally, close the ‘Computer Management Window’ & then move back to QuickBooks Desktop in order to get the relevant payroll updates successfully.
Resolution 2: Correctly revalidate the payroll service key to completely refresh the QuickBooks payroll service connection on your system
- Just after launching the QB Desktop application, you have to reach the ‘Employees’ menu, following which you shall move on to select the ‘My Payroll Service’ tab shown on the screen.
- Afterward, proceed ahead to choose the ‘Activate Service Key’ option and then jump to the ‘Service Keys’ window in order to attentively select the current payroll service name.
- Here, strike the ‘Edit’ button alongside the current payroll service name and then type the payroll service key, following which you must tap the ‘Next’ button continuously until the ‘Finish’ button comes up on the screen.
- In this final point, press the ‘Finish’ button to correctly revalidate the payroll service key, after which it will be possible for you to get the newest payroll service updates successfully.
You must properly execute these two resolutions in order to ensure full extirpation of QuickBooks Error 15242. For further technical advice & help, dial +1 800-417-5147 to contact our QuickBooks Data Services Specialists Team.
Related article :- QuickBooks data conversion services
Add new comment