You are here
Quickly fix QuickBooks running slow problem issue
QuickBooks accounting software allows you to keep track of sales, send invoices, and maintain financial records. The application is easy to use and productive for small to medium-sized companies. However, the application is prone to errors. You may see QuickBooks run slowly sometimes due to the outdated QuickBooks Desktop application. The QuickBooks running slow problem can get caused due to various reasons. You need to find the exact cause of the error and then implement the most relevant solution accordingly. The information given below will help understand the various causes and the solutions to the error. Read the complete article to know more.
If you get stuck with the error and need help with the troubleshooting, dial 1-855-856-0042 and get technical assistance from a QuickBooks Professional.
Recommended to Read :
What causes QuickBooks to run slowly?
- Corrupted QBWUSER.INI file.
- Data Damage in the company file.
- Outdated QuickBooks application.
- Your QuickBooks program is corrupted.
The QuickBooks starts to run slowly, mostly due to the reasons listed above. However, other causes can trigger the issue as well. You need to find what caused the issue on your computer and then implement the most effective solution to fix QuickBooks. If you cannot find the cause of the issue, use the hit and trial method to apply the solutions.
What to do if QuickBooks runs slowly?
Use the Rebuild Utility
Damage in the company file data can slow down QuickBooks. You need to first verify if the data is damaged and then rebuild the data if the damage is confirmed.
The steps to verify and rebuild the data are listed below:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Select the File menu and click the Utilities drop-down.
- Under Utilities, select the Verify Data option.
- If the error message” your data has lost integrity” appears on the screen, you need to use the rebuild data utility.
- Click the File menu again and select the Utilities option.
- Then choose the Rebuild Data utility.
- When QuickBooks asks to back up the company file, click OK.
- The rebuild process will start after the backup is complete.
- Select the OK button when you see the message “Rebuild is complete.”
Recreate the QBWUSER.INI file
If the error gets triggered due to the corrupted QBWUSER.INI file, you need to recreate the file in QuickBooks to fix the error. Follow the instructions provided below to recreate the file in QuickBooks:
- First, press Windows key + E on the keyboard to open the File Manager.
- Next, open the QuickBooks folder and search the QBWUSER.INI file.
- Then right-click the QBWUSER.INI file.
- Click the Rename option.
- Add .old at the end of .INI (QBWUSER.INI.OLD) and press Enter to save the name.
- Finally, check if QuickBooks is running properly.
This article aims to explain the causes and the solution to QuickBooks running slow problem. The solutions given above include rebuilding the data and recreating the QBWUSER.INI file. Make sure your QuickBooks is updated to the latest released version. The outdated QuickBooks application can cause the application to slow down as well. Dial 1-855-856-0042 if you have any questions you want to ask about the article or the error.
You may also read |