You are here
QuickBooks Search not Working | Verified Solutions
- 34 reads
Any industrial software responsible for big operations has a search bar or finder tool that delivers the information asked by the user in no time. QuickBooks also has a search bar that can be accessed by clicking on the magnifying glass icon near the menu. The users can find their transactions, reports, invoices, clients, vendors, etc., by simply entering a name. However, they often report about QuickBooks search not working and how it totally collapses their daily schedule. Further on the issue is discussed in the blog below.
Small issues like these can be easily resolved with the help of an expert. Get one on the line by dialing the toll-free number (844)-932-1139 anytime.
Recommended to Read :
Common Causes behind the QuickBooks Search Function not Working Error
Below are given the most common reasons behind the QuickBooks Enterprise search not working error. Take a look.
- The date and time settings of the system is not correct.
- There is some error in the Windows Registry file.
- The firewall is obstructing the QuickBooks from deriving the results.
- The QuickBooks application lacks an update.
- The QB search index file is corrupted.
These reasons can be singled out by the user to try the correct solution for the problem. It will save time and effort from the user end.
What are the Steps to Resolve the QuickBooks Search not Working Error?
Below are written the solutions to effectively get rid of the QuickBooks Desktop search not working error message.
Solution- 1: Rename the QuickBooks Search Index File
QuickBooks search will not bear any results if the search index file is damaged. To fix the damage, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Exit from QuickBooks and press the Windows key.
- In the search bar, type *.Search Index and press the Enter key.
- From the company file folder, locate the qbw.SearchIndex file and right-click on it.
- Select the Rename option and at the end of it name, add .PIU.
- Press the Enter key to save the changes and open QuickBooks again.
Try to use the search feature now. If it still doesn’t work, follow the next solution.
Solution- 2: Update the QuickBooks Application
Another simple way to resolve the issue is to download any pending update for the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Close the company file and exit from the QuickBooks application.
- Right-click on the QB icon on the desktop and select Run as Administrator.
- Click on the Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks option.
- Select the Updates you want to download and click on the Get updates button.
After the updates are downloaded, install them and try to use the search function again.
At the end of our blog on the QuickBooks search not working issue, we would like to present one last resort to the problem for our readers. If the steps mentioned above does not help you, call on the helpline number (844)-932-1139 and get a dedicated QB ProAdvisor on the line to assist you.
Add new comment