QuickBooks Script Error: What’s the Deal with it & How to Rectify it
Developed by Intuit, QuickBooks has revolutionized the ways of working in the accounting industry and proved to the world how technology makes even worrisome tasks a piece of cake. With the help of QuickBooks, thousands of companies are effectively managing almost all their accounting activities, like organizing income expenses, employee payroll, periodic financial reports, etc. However, despite being so advanced and impeccably designed, QuickBooks is not immune to errors and technical glitches. Among the most common reasons, QuickBooks script error is the one, which usually takes place when a user tries to download the latest bank transactions or feeds in QuickBooks Desktop. There can be many reasons causing such an online banking error that we aim to explain to you and the solutions through this post.
The following error message shows up on the computer screen with the error prompt:
“An error has occurred in this script on this page.”
Are you looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get the QuickBooks script error fixed without breaking a sweat? If yes, feel free to speak to our technical expert team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.
What can be the reasons behind the existence of script error in QuickBooks?
Script error in QuickBooks generally arises when the security settings of Firewall Defender block QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the internet connection. However, there can be other reasons as well, like the ones we have just mentioned below:
- The default web browser of the system is not Internet Explorer
What needs to be done to rectify QuickBooks script error?
Solution 1) Make adjustments to the security settings of Firewall Defender for QuickBooks Desktop
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Type “Windows Firewall” into the search bar and open Windows Firewall.
- From the left panel, choose the Advanced Settings option.
- Right-click Inbound Rules and then select the New Rule option.
- Choose the Port option and then click on the Next button.
- Now, select the TCP option and then type the port number in the Specific local ports field according to the QuickBooks Desktop version year you are using.
- Click on the Next button.
- Choose the Allow the Connection option and then hit the Next button.
- If required, mark all the profiles and then click on the Next button.
- Make a new rule and name it in the following manner: “QBPorts(year).”
- After creating inbound rules for QuickBooks Desktop, click on the Finish button.
Now, you are required to create outbound rules by following the steps mentioned above in the same manner, except choose Outbound Rules instead of Inbound Rules.
Solution 2) Set Internet Explorer as the default web browser of the system
- Open the Internet Explorer web browser.
- Click on the Tools menu (located at the upper-right corner of the window).
- Select the Internet Options option from the drop-down menu.
- On the Internet Options screen, go to the Programs tab.
- Under the Default Web Browser section, click on the Make Default option
- At last, click on the OK button.
If you are unable to get rid of QuickBooks script error even after going through both the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the above post, then there are high chances that the cache files and data excessively stored in Internet Explorer is not letting QuickBooks access the bank server. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to delete the cache data and files stored in Internet Explorer and check if this fixes the error or not. For further troubleshooting guidance fixing the online banking error, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.