You are here
QuickBooks Payroll for Mac Setup
So, setting up your QuickBooks Payroll for Mac needs (4) measures:
1) Installation your QuickBooks Payroll for Mac Accounts Data
If you still have not installed payroll accounts in QuickBooks, we will place them up for one of the very first time you export data into QuickBooks.
If your QuickBooks company already comprises appropriate accounts, then you may choose the accounts straight from your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts. Should you have to add an account (possibly for a new deduction), type the title you would like to your account in the field and they will be installed on your QuickBooks company first time you move information.
Step 1. At the menu bar select List, then Chart of Accounts.
Step 2. Find the name of the bank accounts that you use to write payroll checks, and the cost accounts for employee salary and employer payroll taxes, and also the liability accounts you use for tax and deduction obligations. (For cash advance and loan repayment, use asset accounts)
Step3. if u use subcategory use the colon to separate category name from sub category.
2) Setup QuickBooks classes
If you have not yet set up courses that are pertinent to your employees in QuickBooks, create them now. Once the classes are installed, write their names down or publish the listing of classes and emphasize the ones that you will use for your payroll data.
To turn on Course monitoring in QuickBooks payroll for Mac 2009 and earlier:
Step 1. Click the Company menu and Choose Company Settings.
Step 2. Click the Show: arrows and select Transactions.
Step 3. From the Transactions sections of Business Settings..., click to checkmark Utilization category tracking.
Step 4. Click Apply.
To turn on Course monitoring in QuickBooks payroll for Mac 2010 and after:
Step 1. Click the QuickBooks menu and select Preferences.
Step 2. You will see a screen with a test box labeled Use Class Tracking.
Step 3. Check this box to turn class tracking on.
3) Installation Accounts On Your Intuit Online Payroll Account
Step 1. Click Setup.
Step 2. Under the Export heading, click Preferences
Step 3. Select QuickBooks for Mac from the program drop down listing.
Step 4. In the Checking Account box, input the name of the bank account or select from the drop-down list.
Step 5. Click Customize to join the account names just as they look in QuickBooks or pick from the drop-down listing.
- When entering accounts, read the help topics near each field to choose the right account type. In general, enter or pick an expense accounts for the Wage and Tax Categories. For your Liability accounts, input or select the corresponding QuickBooks Duty accounts.
- If using a payday advance or employee loan deduction, input or select an asset account to receive the payroll data
- Should you use different accounts for different groups of employees, choose that option in the wage/tax category section to enter or select alternative QuickBooks accounts for each employee.
- Should you use different accounts for different types of wages/taxes, select that choice in the wage/tax group section to input or choose different QuickBooks accounts for each pay type and tax kind
Step 6. Specify whether you use QuickBooks classes. (If courses are selected, you will enter them on the next page after clicking OK in the bottom of the page).
Step 7. Click OK. (You may use the Export Preferences webpage to input your QuickBooks accounts. Use the specific same titles of the QuickBooks payroll account you'll use for the citizenship data )
4) Export Your Payroll Information From Intuit's Server to Your Computer
Step 1. From Your Intuit Online Payroll Account, click the Payday tab, and select Export to QuickBooks.
step 2. Next, pick the checks and payments you want to export. (If you are exporting for the first time, payments and checks from the previous six months should be selected. If you don't see your tests, go right ahead and modify the date range.)
Step 3. Click Export
Step 4. When you find the confirmation page, click on OK.
What Happens When Your Data is Exported Into QuickBooks for Mac
When your data is moved to QuickBooks payroll for mac, the method generates one trade on your bank account register for every payroll service paycheck. The Bank account transaction contains splits that influence multiple accounts, depending on the Amount of accounts you selected to get deductions:
- A split appears for the Wage Account you specified from the export preferences.
- A split appears for your Tax Account you given from the export tastes.
- One or more splits look for each Liability accounts for federal, state and local taxes owed.
- Additional splits are all entered for every deduction/garnishment, one for your employees deduction and also one for any business participation.
When tax obligations are exported, they're recorded in the corresponding QuickBooks tax liability accounts and reduce the liability. These trades in QuickBooks support accounts keep your balance sheet and profit and loss statements up to date. You can contact payroll to the QuickBooks support by connecting them at any time. You can also send them a message for their support.