You are here
QuickBooks Outlook Email Not Working! Try these Solutions to Fix
QuickBooks can not only help you deal with your daily accounting chores but can also help you send your financial reports, statements, and other data through email. This feature works after integrating your email with QuickBooks using Outlook as an email client. You can also use different email clients, but most prefer Outlook as it works flawlessly. On the flip side of the coin, there are issues that you can face using QuickBooks or its features like emailing from within the application. One such problem is “QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook,” where while sending an email from the QuickBooks gives you an error message “QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook.” If you are also dealing with such an issue in the QuickBooks application and need quick solutions, go through this article until the end.
Fixing issues with your email in QuickBooks can be tricky, and if you find the solutions mentioned in this article complex enough to be followed, contact QuickBooks support for help at 1.800.579.0391
What might have Triggered Issues while Emailing from QuickBooks?
Several reasons count for having issues while sending emails from QuickBooks, and down-below is a list of all of them.
- If QuickBooks is not running with the admin permissions.
- Your email preferences in QuickBooks are not appropriately set.
- If the email preferences in your Internet Explorer are not set as instructed by Intuit.
- If the MAPI32.dll file, which is required for email functions, is damaged.
- Installation issues in your QuickBooks Desktop application can also trigger problems emailing from QuickBooks Desktop.
In the next section of this article, we will learn how to fix the causes mentioned above and quickly get your email working in QuickBooks again.
Recommended To Read : QuickBooks Error 108
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Outlook Email Error
Solution 1: Make QuickBooks to Run with Admin Rights
- Exit the QuickBooks Desktop application running on your Windows and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Select the Properties option and move to the Compatibility tab.
- Checkmark the Run this Program as Administrator option and click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Retry to send an email from QuickBooks and check if the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Change your Email Preferences in QuickBooks Desktop
- Expand the Edit drop-down menu in QuickBooks and click the Preferences option.
- Sign in to your Microsoft Outlook account and click the Send Forms option.
- Move to the My Preferences section and click the Outlook option.
- Finally, click OK and send a test email to verify if the issue is resolved.
Solution 3: Change your Email Preferences in Internet Explorer
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop and run Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools option and select Internet Options from the options in the drop-down list.
- Go to the Programs tab and click the Set Program option.
- Click the Set your Default Program option and choose the email client you want to send emails from.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes you made to the email settings.
- Exit Internet Explorer and retry to send an email from QuickBooks.
If you still can’t fix the “QuickBooks Outlook Email not Working” issue, you will need to repair your damaged MAPI32.dll file. For advanced help resolving problems with email in QuickBooks, reach QuickBooks support at 1.800.579.0391.
You May Also Read : QuickBooks Won't Open