QuickBooks Has Stopped Working: The Solutions You Can Try
Sometimes QuickBooks can end abruptly and will display an error message reading, “QuickBooks has stopped working”. A Windows generated error message can also display, “A problem has caused the programs to stop working correctly”. You can also get a different error message from the ones that are mentioned. When you re-open QuickBooks, the system can get triggered with the same error message. Your system can also start freezing and can throw multiple other issues. It’s best you read this blog carefully to fix this error message quickly.
You can call the professional team of QuickBooks at 1-855-856-0042 if you require professional assistance or support to fix this error message.
Reasons For QuickBooks Not Opening
You can face this error message in a host of situations or due to multiple reasons. Hence, resolve the cause of your error message to fix this issue properly. Read some of the major reasons stated below:
- QuickBooks is not correctly installed on your system.
- The name of the company file has more characters than the permissible limit.
- Desktop installation files are severely damaged.
- Any damaged or corrupt sectors on your hard disk.
With the reasons understood, you can now move to the following section that’ll cover the solutions that you can attempt to fix this error message.
Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Windows App Not Working
Indeed, a number of solutions can aid you in fixing this error message. There’s no standard solution to fix this error message. Your solution depends on the reason for your error message. Go through the measures explained below:
Method 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Downloading and running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can resolve this error message quickly. Go through the measures stated below:
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- You can now choose desktop to save the file.
- Close every application on Windows before running the QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
- You can double-click the setup file from the desktop. Now, go through the instructions to start the diagnosis.
- It can take 25 minutes or less to repair the damage in the installation.
- Restart your system when the fixing finishes. Open QuickBooks one more time.
- You can attempt the next set of steps if QuickBooks still isn’t responding.
Method 2: Scan And Fix Damaged Sectors On Hard Disk
You can scan and fix the damaged sectors on your hard disk to resolve this error message. Follow the measures that are explained below:
- You can open Windows File Manager by pressing the Windows+E. Now, right-click the C drive.
- Choose Properties, and in the Tools tab, you can click on Check Now.
- Tick Automatically Fix File System Errors. You can also tick Scan For And Attempt Recovery Of Bad Sectors.
- Now, click on Start. Wait until the complete scan and repair process gets finished.
It’s easy to resolve the error message “QuickBooks Has Stopped Working”, provided you know what caused your error message. Hence, make sure to read the causes carefully to fix this error message effectively.
You can also ring the professional team of QuickBooks at 1-855-856-0042 if you need professional assistance to fix this error message.