You are here
QuickBooks Event Id 4 Unexpected Error | Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks can be easily integrated with other web-based applications with the help of the QuickBooks Integration Manager tool. It eases the trouble from user end to migrate the data and then run it on the other application. However, while accessing the utility, the users have reported to face the QuickBooks event id 4 unexpected error. The error message states that the integration manager could not connect to QuickBooks. More on the issue is discussed in the blog below.
Issues like event id 4 requires you to get external help to fix it. Get an expert on the line to assist you through the problem by calling on the toll-free number 1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to Read :
Root Causes of the QuickBooks 2017 Event Id 4 Error
Below are given the main reasons behind the QuickBooks Pro Event id 4 error.
- QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
- Virus and malware have infected the files.
- QuickBooks program files have been deleted accidentally.
- The might be some problem with the Windows registry.
- Issue with the .NET Framework.
- Corrupted QuickBooks installation files.
Some of its symptoms include active window crashes and frequent QuickBooks freezes.
Possible Solutions of the QuickBooks Event Id 4 Unexpected Error
Below are written the resolving steps that will help you in getting rid of the QuickBooks event id 4 error.
Solution- 1: Run the Install Diagnostic Tool
Corrupted installation files can cause the program issues in QuickBooks like event id 4. Follow the steps mentioned below to refresh these files with the help of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. Make sure to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub beforehand.
- Exit from the QuickBooks and open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- On the left side of the tool hub, click on Installation Issues.
- Look for the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option and click it.
- After the issue resolves, start QB Desktop again.
If the error is not gone, follow the next solution.
Solution- 2: Clean Install the QuickBooks
Another way to resolve the issues in installation files is to clean install the application by following the steps mentioned below.
- Close QuickBooks and open the Start menu.
- Go to Control Panel and choose Programs and Features/Uninstall a Program.
- From the list, select the QuickBooks application and click on Uninstall/Change.
- Select Uninstall and choose Remove in the QuickBooks Installation window.
- Click on Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
- Once the uninstallation completes, open the QuickBooks tool hub and go to Installation Issues tab.
- Click on QuickBooks Clean Install tool and install the QB application back once the tool finishes.
Open QuickBooks again and check if the error is gone.
We would like to conclude our blog on the QuickBooks event id 4 unexpected error at this point. We hope that the solutions mentioned in the post will help you to resolve the issues in no time. However, if you need additional assistance from an expert, dial the helpline number 1-855-856-0042 anytime.