You are here
QuickBooks Error H505: Most Reliable and Easiest Technical Guide
QuickBooks Error H505 is a very intricate technical error that comes up on the screen when the users attempt to switch to multi-user mode in order to easily access the company file.
This is an H-series error that can often cause the computer to not respond to your commands, and in some cases, your computer can shutdown abruptly.
Effective methods to get rid of this multi-user mode error are explained in this technical blog.
If you need perfect guidance to resolve QuickBooks Error H505, dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Error Message H505 in QuickBooks: Basic Reasons
The relevant factors that easily trigger Error Message H505 in QuickBooks are as follows:
- Incorrect hosting configuration across the workstations and the server computer can cause QB Error H505.
- Obstruction due to improper firewall settings and an outdated version of the QB application can immediately lead to this error.
Recommended to read: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6147
Wonderful Methods to Resolve H505 Multi-User Mode Error in QB Desktop
The verified methods through which you can rectify H505 Multi-User Mode Error in QB Desktop are as follows:
Method 1: Ensure correct hosting setup on all the workstations as well as the server computer to tackle this error
- Reach the workstation where you are encountering this error to open up the QB Desktop application and then proceed ahead to tap the ‘Utilities’ option available under the ‘File’ menu; thereafter, you must carefully mark the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ checkbox so that the multi-user hosting is fully disabled on that workstation.
- Now, you have to disable multi-user hosting on every such workstation on your network where this error has been occurring as per the previous step, and after that, you can open up the QB Desktop application on the server computer to reach the ‘Utilities’ option.
- At this step, locate the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ checkbox on the server computer and immediately mark it so that the multi-user hosting is fully enabled.
- The entire multi-user hosting setup is now correctly configured on all the systems on your network, and hence you can proceed ahead to successfully launch the company file in multi-user mode.
Method 2: Scan the company file on the server computer through the QB Database Server Manager to weed out this problem
- Find out the relevant link on Intuit’s website to download the QB Tool Hub on your server computer, and once you click on that link, the QB Tool Hub will get fully downloaded on your system very easily.
- Thereafter, proceed to launch the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file that has been just downloaded and then you will get the correct steps for the installation of the tool hub on your system.
- Complete the installation of the tool hub and then swiftly open it up to hit the ‘Network Issues’ tab and then move ahead to strike the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ icon; thereafter, you are only required to get the relevant company file through the ‘Browse’ option.
- Once the company file has been provided to this tool, you can tap the ‘Start Scan’ button to commence the scanning process, and upon the completion of the scanning process, your company file, as well as firewall permissions, will be fully repaired.
- Now, you can go ahead to utilize the multi-user mode on the QB application to successfully access your company file on your network.
QuickBooks Error H505 will be comfortably eradicated if you use the methods explained above in the correct step-wise sequence. For more technical help, dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Support Team.