You are here
QuickBooks Error The File Exists: Read the Simplest Guide Here
- 12 reads
QuickBooks Error The File Exists is a complex technical issue that generally arises while downloading the latest payroll service updates on the system. Furthermore, this error can also pop up while accessing various state & federal forms and paying taxes.
This blog will explain the reasons behind this error, and it will also show you the easiest ways to tackle this error.
Are you facing QuickBooks Error The File Exists? Simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Top Reasons behind the QuickBooks Error Message ‘The File Exists’
The QuickBooks Error Message ‘The File Exists’ mostly arises due to the reasons mentioned below:
- While attempting to download the latest payroll updates, if you are not utilizing the QB Desktop application in admin mode, then this error will likely occur.
- Insufficient permissions to access the QuickBooks program file can also disrupt the payroll update process and provoke this error.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Connection has been lost
Tackle QuickBooks Payroll Update Error ‘The File Exists’ Through These Solutions
The QuickBooks Payroll Update Error ‘The File Exists’ can be resolved completely through these solutions:
Solution 1: Operate the QB Desktop application with full admin rights to resolve this complex technical problem
- Firstly, identify the ‘Start’ menu on the Windows Desktop to tap on it, after which you shall type ‘QuickBooks’ in the search box to view all the versions of the QB Desktop application on the computer’s screen.
- At this step, you must right-click on the QB Desktop version that you desire to access and then choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option so that it opens up with complete admin privileges.
- Once the selected QB Desktop application has opened up in admin mode, you can simply tap the ‘Employees’ tab to strike the ‘Get Payroll Updates’ option, after which you shall ensure that the ‘Download Entire Update’ checkbox is marked on the screen.
- Thereafter, immediately tap the ‘Download Latest Update’ button so that the entire payroll updates are swiftly downloaded on the computer, and then you shall close the QB Desktop to operate it again in normal mode.
Solution 2: Allow full permissions to all the users to access the QuickBooks program file (‘QBW32.EXE’) to ensure the eradication of this issue
- Tap the ‘Start’ menu on the Windows Desktop so that you can search for ‘File Explorer’ in the search box, after which you need to look for the QuickBooks program file (‘QBW32.EXE’) in the ‘File Explorer’ window.
- Once you are able to locate the QuickBooks program file (‘QBW32.EXE’), you shall right-click on it to choose the ‘Properties’ option, after which you must proceed to the ‘Security’ tab in the ‘Properties’ window so that you can click on the ‘Edit’ button.
- Now, hit the ‘Add’ option to type ‘Everyone’ in the specified location and then strike the ‘OK’ button to save the changes successfully.
- Thereafter, make sure that the ‘Full Control’ checkbox is marked, after which you need to tap the ‘OK’ button and then tap the ‘Add’ option again so that you are able to type ‘Users’ in the specified location.
- At this step, you shall again check the ‘Full Control’ checkbox and hit the ‘OK’ button, and after that, you shall close the ‘Settings’ window by hitting the ‘Apply’ & ‘OK’ buttons consecutively.
- In this final task, you can access the QB application to easily download the latest payroll tax table updates.
QuickBooks Error The File Exists will be decimated completely by implementing the aforementioned solutions in the correct sequence. For more technical help, dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Read also: QuickBooks Error C=224 | Simple Eradication Methods
Add new comment