You are here
QuickBooks Error C 224: Elaborate Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks Error C 224 mainly arises when the QB user attempts to export a report to an excel file, and in some cases, this error can also crop up while trying to create a backup copy of the company file on the system.
Corruption in the Transaction Log File (‘.TLG’ file extension) is the most common factor that provokes this technical problem.
To obtain the detailed techniques to fully resolve this technical issue, you can read all the sections of this comprehensive blog.
Confronting QuickBooks Error C 224? Simply dial 1.855.738.2784 to reach out to our QB Professionals Team for assistance.
C 224 QuickBooks Error Message: Basic Reasons
- The C 224 QuickBooks Error Message generally occurs due to the factors described below:
- If the data file that you are attempting to backup is corrupt, then this error can promptly arise on the system’s screen.
- Corruption in the files within the Windows registry and damaged Transaction Log File (‘.TLG’) are also responsible for this technical problem.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15271
How to Easily Resolve C 224 QuickBooks Company File Error Code?
The C 224 QuickBooks Company File Error Code can be very easily resolved by the techniques mentioned below:
Technique 1: Promptly repair the required data file through the ‘Verify and Rebuild Data’ utility
- Firstly, you need to check for possible data corruption inside the company file and for that, you must jump to the ‘File’ menu inside the QB Desktop application, following which you can simply hit the ‘Verify Data’ option located under the ‘Utilities’ tab.
- Afterward, a swift scan of the data file will be carried out, and if any data corruption is detected, you shall immediately hop to the ‘Utilities’ tab within the ‘File’ menu so that you can easily select & tap the ‘Rebuild Data’ icon.
- At this important point, a separate backup of the data file will be created & you will be mandated to assign a valid location to save that backup file on the computer.
- Once you complete the saving process of the backup file, the ‘Rebuild Data’ utility will instantly commence its execution, thereby removing all possible data damage inside the selected company file.
- As soon as the ‘Rebuild Data’ utility completes the scanning & repairing of the data file, you can go ahead to export the report to the excel file on your QB Desktop application.
You may also see : QuickBooks Error 1603
Technique 2: Fix a new suitable name to the Transaction Log File to completely weed out this technical problem
- Since the ‘Transaction Log File (‘.TLG’ file extension)’ is located inside the company file folder, you shall first need to access that folder, after which you should simply look out for that file that possesses the same name as that of the company file but with the ‘.TLG’ file extension.
- Once you have correctly located the Transaction Log File, you must immediately right-click on its icon to attentively choose the ‘Rename’ option, following which you can fix a word like ‘oldtechset’ to the end of its name: ‘compnew.qbw.tlg.oldtechset.’
- After assigning the fresh name as described above, you need to tap the ‘Enter’ key, following which this fresh name of the Transaction Log File will get saved, thereby exterminating this error.
Implement these effective techniques in the valid step-wise sequence to fully resolve QuickBooks Error C 224. For more help & guidance, dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
You may read also : Convert QuickBooks Online To Desktop