QuickBooks error 6190 816 what it is and how to fix it
QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816 usually triggers when the user tries to open the company file, but the file is in use on another workstation in single-user mode. QuickBooks error code 6190-816 comes up with a message, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file.” The QuickBooks error message 6190-816 signifies that the user is unable to access the QuickBooks company file. This blog is all about acquainting users with QuickBooks error message code 6190-816, its causes and solutions, so stay connected until the end.
If you are experiencing QuickBooks error 6190-816 for a long time and want an instant solution for it, then get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals by dialling our toll-free number 1.800.579.9430
What are the causes behind QuickBooks error 6190-816?
Given below are some possible causes behind the error.
- You are using an old version of QuickBooks.
- Another user is logged in to the company file in single-user mode.
- QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given in the blog.
You may also Read :- QuickBooks error PS036
Possible Quick Fixes for QuickBooks error 6190-816
Check out the most effective troubleshooting solutions to fix the error:
Solution 1. Rename QuickBooks configuration files
The following steps will help you change the file name:
- Open the folder containing the company file.
- Look for the company files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Next, right-click on each file and choose Rename.
- Add .old at the end of each file name.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file.
If the solution given above didn’t work, move on to the next one.
Solution 2. Run Quick Fix my Program
Follow these steps and download QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the tool:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to Downloads and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the application and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Open the tool hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- Within the tool hub, choose Company File Issues.
- Click Quick Fix my File and then OK.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
We tried our best to help you fix QuickBooks error 6190 816. If the problem continues after troubleshooting, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430.