You are here
QuickBooks Error 6144 82: Perfect Technical Guide with Solutions
QuickBooks Error 6144 82 generally gets triggered due to an imperfect network setup, and this technical error mostly prevents the QB Desktop user from successfully accessing the company file.
Like all other major company file errors, this error is also categorized under the 6000 error series by the experts, and there are some effective solutions to easily rectify it.
This blog contains exactly those solutions that will help you to eradicate this intricate technical problem effectively.
Are you searching for effective technical support to eliminate QuickBooks Error 6144 82? Simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to connect with our QB Experts Team for prompt assistance.
QuickBooks Desktop 6144 82 Error Code: Relevant Reasons
The QuickBooks Desktop 6144 82 Error Code mostly arises due to the specific factors described below:
- Invalid network setup and corruption in the company file (‘.QBW’) that the user is trying to access can easily provoke QB Error 6144 82.
- As it is widely known that the configuration files assist the user in gaining access to the company file, any corruption or defect in them will immediately trigger this error.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Connection has been lost
Excellent Solutions to Eradicate 6144 82 Company File Error Message in QB Desktop
The 6144 82 Company File Error Message in QB Desktop can be perfectly eliminated through the solutions described below:
Solution 1: Root out the network & company file problems completely through the precise execution of the QB File Doctor tool
- Move speedily to the official Intuit website so that the updated version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub can be correctly downloaded on your computer, and after that, you shall go to the precise location where the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file has got saved so that you can launch this file.
- Upon the correct opening of the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file, you will find the appropriate steps for the installation of the QB Tool Hub on your system, and those steps should be precisely implemented.
- Now, since you have installed the QB Tool Hub, you shall double-click on its icon to open it up promptly, after which you can straightaway reach the ‘Company File Issues’ tab.
- At this step, simply tap the ‘Company File Issues’ tab to locate the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ icon and then easily utilize the ‘Browse and search’ option to get your required company file for the scanning task.
- After successfully obtaining the required company file, hit the ‘Continue’ button to finally enter the QuickBooks admin credentials, after which the QB File Doctor will begin the scan & repair process.
- When the selected data file has been fully scanned & repaired, you can just launch the QB application to access it easily.
Solution 2: Affix the fresh names on chosen configuration files to ensure complete extirpation of this technical problem
- In this solution, the task is to rename the Network Data (‘.ND’) file and the Transaction Log File (‘.TLG’) and to accomplish this task; you have to first open up the company file folder to locate the files with the relevant extensions.
- As soon as you have found both these files, you shall right-click on each of them to successfully hit the ‘Rename’ option, and then you will be able to fix the word ‘oldkeytabs’ to the end of their names: ‘compscr.qbw.nd.oldkeytabs’ and ‘compscr.qbw.tlg.oldkeytabs’.
- Simply press the ‘Enter’ key to correctly save the newly-affixed names of both these files, and thereafter, access the QB application to open up the company file successfully.
QuickBooks Error 6144 82 can be fully exterminated by using the aforementioned step-wise solutions. For more technical help, just dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Professionals Team.