You are here
QuickBooks Error 6138 105: Effective Analysis & Resolutions
- 1 read
QuickBooks Desktop users easily recognize different error messages that crop up on the computer’s screen while trying to access the company file. Most of these error messages have error codes belonging to the ‘6000 error series’ & one prominent instance of such an error is QuickBooks Error 6138 105.
Experts have concluded that this error primarily arises due to defective hosting setups on different systems belonging to the user’s network.
To further understand this technical problem, go through this detailed blog that will also offer you the best resolutions.
Are you confronting QuickBooks Error 6138 105? Just dial +1 855-948-3646 to reach out to our QB Experts Team for guidance.
Top Causes of QuickBooks Company File Error 6138 105
The QuickBooks Company File Error 6138 105 primarily gets provoked due to the reasons explained below:
- If any workstation on the user’s network or the server computer has a defective hosting setup, then this error can arise while accessing the data file.
- Technical faults present inside the company file & malware invasion into the system can also trigger this error message.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 3005
How to Ensure Complete Eradication of QB Desktop 6138 105 Company File Error Code?
The ‘QB Desktop 6138 105 Company File Error Code’ can be eliminated using the resolutions described below:
Resolution 1: Review and edit the hosting settings across all the computers on the network to eradicate this issue
- First of all, begin with reviewing & editing the hosting setup on different workstations; for that, you should first open any workstation to immediately access the QB Desktop application following which you must straight away strike the ‘Utilities’ option under the ‘File’ menu.
- Thereafter, carefully locate the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option and then immediately select it to make sure that the workstation does not act as a host for your company file.
- Now, the previous step should be executed on all the workstations to ensure that no workstation acts as a host for the company file present on your network.
- Afterward, you shall move on to the server computer to instantly open up the QB Desktop application following which you will access the ‘Utilities’ tab provided inside the on-screen ‘File’ menu.
- At this point, find out the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option and then carefully select it to make sure that the server acts as a valid host for the company file.
- When every workstation, as well as the server, has a perfect hosting setup, you can successfully get access to the required company file.
Resolution 2: Carefully execute the ‘QB File Doctor’ utility on the server to ensure full repair of the company file
- Here, it is required that you first reach the official Intuit website to download the latest version of the ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’ on your server computer & you should also fix a suitable place like the Downloads folder to save the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file.
- When you open up the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file, you will see a complete step-wise process to install the ‘QB Tool Hub’ & you must execute that process correctly on your system.
- Once you have achieved the correct installation of the ‘QB Tool Hub’, you need to launch it to access the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ icon located just within the ‘Company File Issues’ tab.
- Now, easily select the data file via the ‘Browse and search’ option following which you shall provide the QB admin password to commence the ‘QB File Doctor’ utility execution.
- Finally, as soon as the ‘QB File Doctor’ execution ends, you can proceed to easily open up the company file via any workstation.
Upon valid implementation of these two resolutions, QuickBooks Error 6138 105 can be easily extirpated. For further guidance, dial +1 855-948-3646 to connect with our QB Professionals Team.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 30
Add new comment