You are here
QuickBooks Error 6130[A Brief Guide]
QuickBooks Error 6130 is an error that occurs when you open the company file. This error blocks the user from accessing the company file. The error can affect your system negatively and can really hamper the performance. This error can also cause loss of data if no prompt action is taken quickly. Wrong troubleshooting steps can dig you deeper. Go through this blog to understand this error in-depth.
You can always get in touch with the QuickBooks Professional Team at (844)-932-1139 to learn more about this error.
Recommended to Read :
Reasons For QuickBooks Company File Error Code 6130
Several reasons can display this error on your screen. What’s important is to figure out the cause of your error quickly. This will reduce the damage and will help you fix the error quickly. Some of the causes for the error are discussed below:
- The company file you are trying to access is corrupt.
- Outdated Windows features can also trigger this error.
- Damaged transaction log files and network data.
- QuickBooks Desktop is outdated, and the company file is created using an upgraded version of QuickBooks.
- Errors in the network settings can also lead to this error.
Now that you are sound of the causes, it’s best that you try some solutions that are given below.
Troubleshooting Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6130
Before trying any of the solutions, you should make a secure backup of the company file. Also, make sure to install the newest updates of your Windows and QuickBooks. To repair any damage in the network and company file, you should install QuickBooks File Doctor. After doing all this, try some of the methods given below:
Method 1: Rename .ND and .TLG File
Renaming these crucial network files can resolve many errors, including this one. Implement the measures that are given below:
- From Windows File Manager, move to the QuickBooks installation folder.
- Now look for the company file name but with .ND and .TLG extension.
- Right-click on the file and choose Rename.
- Add .OLD at the end of every file name.
- Now, save the file name and open QuickBooks to access your company file.
Go to the next set of steps if these measures can’t resolve your problem.
Method 2: Restart QuickBooks Database Service
Restarting QuickBooks Database Service on the server can fix this error quickly. Follow the measures that are given below:
- Open the Run window.
- Type services.msc and hit Enter.
- Search for QuickBooksDBXX service from the list of services. XX denotes the version of your QuickBooks software.
- Choose the service and click on Start.
- Open the company file to see if the error got fixed.
Now you can confidently resolve QuickBooks Error 6130 after reading this blog. Go through the causes and their solutions carefully. Apart from the solutions mentioned, you can also perform a clean installation of QuickBooks and fix damaged network and company files with the help of QuickBooks File Doctor to resolve this error.
Contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at (844)-932-1139 for more assistance and support.