QuickBooks Error 6000 77 || Causes and Solutions You Must Know
QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is an error that is commonly searched on the web. This is an error that shows up when you are accessing QuickBooks in multi-user. Multi-user mode allows numerous users to access the company file at the same time. This creates an issue and sometimes an error 6000 77 that you’ll have to resolve. In this blog, we will understand the solutions and causes for this error. Follow all the steps given carefully in this blog.
To know more about any of the steps given below, contact the Team of QuickBooks Professionals at 1-855-856-0042 for further assistance
Causes For Error 6000 77 Opening Company File
It’s important to understand the cause or the reason for an error before we even try solutions. Different causes can cause different symptoms as well as give a different error message for an error. Some reasons for the error are listed below:
- Some other user is already accessing the company file in single-user mode.
- Accessing the company file using a remote access tool like Team Viewer, etc.
- Company File is on a Linux Server, and the user is using multiple access passwords.
- The company file is located in a read-only folder.
Remember, these are some of the major causes causing this error. There might be some small/minor issues that are responsible for error 6000 77.
Solutions For QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Now that we have discussed the causes, it’s easier for us to interpret and figure out the solutions for this error. The solutions work on fixing the cause. Given below are some of the solutions that you can try:
Solution 1: Switching QuickBooks to Multi-User Mode
This does make sense since this issue resolves around multi-user mode. To fix this error via this method, follow the steps given below:
- Exit QuickBooks on all the workstations.
- Access the company file on the hosting server.
- In the File tab, click on Switch To Multi-User Mode.
- Restart all the computers in case the error doesn’t resolve.
If these steps don’t help you try the next troubleshooting method given below
Solution 2: Opening The Company File In Multi-User Mode
This is another way to resolve this problem; another way to look at the issue with the multi-user mode. Implement the steps given below to open the company file in multi-user mode.
- On the host computer, open company file.
- In the File tab, click Close Company.
- Open the company file one more time.
- In the File tab, click on Open Or Restore Company.
- Click on Open A Company File.
- Hit Next.
- Click on Open File In Multi-User Mode. Hit Open.
This blog discussed the causes and solutions for QuickBooks Error 6000 77. There are few more solutions you can try, which are to give full control to the Network Folder, check the running processes in Task Manager, and download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
To know more about QuickBooks Error 6000 77, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 1-855-856-0042.