QuickBooks Error 40001: What is it and How to Fix it?
QuickBooks payroll service allows users to set up direct deposit through which employees with electronic deposition can be paid directly into their bank accounts. However in recent days, while trying to use the direct deposit service, many users have reported QuickBooks error 40001. An error message pops up on the computer screen stating, “ Something’s not right. We’re unable to complete your request at the moment.” There can be a number of factors behind the occurrence of payroll error 40001 that we are going to discuss with you through this post, alongside all the possible troubleshooting solutions.
Are you looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get over QuickBooks error 40001? If yes, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our QuickBooks professionals at +1 800-579-9430.
What are the reasons causing Payroll error 40001?
Generally, payroll error 40001 gets triggered when QuickBooks Desktop does not have enough Windows permission to perform the required action. However, there can be other reasons behind it, such as:
There are corruption in the company file.
What should be done to fix QuickBooks error 40001?
Solution 1) Run QuickBooks Desktop using the administrator account
- Open the Windows Start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type “QuickBooks Desktop” into the search column and right-click the icon of QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the side menu, select the Run as Administrator option.
You may also Read :
Solution 2) Run the Verify and Rebuild tool to fix the company file
Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the File menu.
From the drop-down list, select the Utilities option.
- Select the Verify Data option and wait until the diagnosis of the company file is finished.
- If you see the following message “Your data has lost integrity,” proceed ahead to rebuild the company file. Otherwise, close QuickBooks Desktop and try to perform the required action.
- Go to the File menu and select the Utilities option.
- Select the Rebuild Data option.
Note: As the company file contains all the important information of business, QuickBooks will ask you to create a backup copy of the company file. If you want to backup the company file, follow the on-screen instructions. Otherwise, select the No button and proceed ahead.
- Once you get the message stating, “Rebuild has completed,” select the OK button.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to perform the required action.
Even after following the troubleshooting mentioned above in the post, if you get QuickBooks error 40001, then the installation files of QuickBooks Desktop might have been damaged. We suggest you download QuickBooks Tool Hub and use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to repair QuickBooks installation files. You can also ask for instant troubleshooting assistance resolving payroll error 40001 from our QuickBooks professionals available round the clock at QuickBooks support number +1 800-579-9430. Our QuickBooks support team is adept in the art of troubleshooting and will make the entire troubleshooting procedure a piece of cake for you.
Related Article :