QuickBooks Error 1904 | How and Why to Fix it
Installing QuickBooks is an easy task, and all you need to do is follow the on-screen prompts that the application installer shows you on the screen. However, while installing any software on Windows, several components work in the background to help complete installation. The same goes with QuickBooks, and if any of the supporting components fails to run, it encounters installation errors like 1904. Like other installation errors, QuickBooks error 1904 is also a result of faults in the application installer file and the Windows operating system. If you are also dealing with such an error while installing QuickBooks Desktop on your system, read this article until the end and learn how you can fix it with the least effort possible.
Being unable to install QuickBooks can be frustrating, and if you new to QuickBooks, you might need the help of an expert to proceed with the troubleshooting. You can reach the QuickBooks support team for assistance by dialing 1-855-856-0042 if you are also stuck with one of the installation errors in the QuickBooks
Recommended to Read :
What Triggers Error 1904 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Installation errors like 1904 in QuickBooks that gives an error message that reads “Error 1904: [file path/name/extension] failed to register” can appear because of several reasons, and given below is a complete list of them.
- A conflict between other Windows components and QuickBooks can hinder the installation process.
- Issues with Microsoft .NET Framework and MSXML can be a reason why you can’t install QuickBooks.
- If your user account does not have the right to install applications on Windows.
- Having Bitdefender as your antivirus can also interrupt QuickBooks Desktop installation.
Go through the instructions given below and get error 1904 fixed in minutes.
Quick Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Installation Error 1904
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to Fix Installation Errors
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub installer file from the official QuickBooks website.
- Go to the download folder and run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Now run the Tool Hub program and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool that you will find under the Program Installation Issues tab.
- Select the appropriate options that will help resolve installation issues.
- Once the tool is done with its task, try to install QuickBooks once again.
Solution 2: Repair and Update Microsoft .NET Framework and MSXML
- Download the Microsoft .NET Framework and MSXML repair utility.
- Run both the tools and repair these MS components.
- Now install the most recent updates of the .NET Framework and MSXML.
- Try to install QuickBooks and check if the error is fixed now.
Solution 3: Install QuickBooks with Required Admin Rights
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select the option that says “Run as Administrator.”
- If prompted, enter the login credentials of the admin account.
- Check if the installation goes without any error or the error 1904 strikes back.
You must also disable Bitdefender antivirus if you have it on your system before installing QuickBooks. If you still can’t install QuickBooks, dial 1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with a certified QuickBooks Desktop expert who will help you resolve QuickBooks error 1904 in no time.
You may also read |