You are here
QuickBooks Error 1904 | Eliminate with Simple Steps
With each update, QuickBooks adds a number of new features and adjustments. After updating QuickBooks to the most recent version or downloading a new update for the same QuickBooks version, users must install the file. When doing this, they might occasionally run across QuickBooks error 1904. The user sees an error notice that reads, "Error 1904: [file path/name/extension] failed to register." Most usually, broken Windows components and restrictive firewall settings are the cause of the issue. This problem can be resolved by using the install diagnostic tool and giving QuickBooks admin permissions. Read the entire blog to find out what causes QuickBooks installation problem 1904 and how to fix it.
Do you need to fix QuickBooks' 1904 error? Call us on 1-855-856-0042 for support, and we'll put you in touch with trained QuickBooks experts.
What are the factors that contribute to the QuickBooks error code 1904?
The reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 1904 include the following:-
- Windows components that are broken make QuickBooks unable to function properly.
- The QuickBooks user does not login using the Windows administrator account.
- The folder may not contain or be contaminated with the QuickBooks setup file.
Recommended to read: Eliminate with Simple Steps QuickBooks Error 6010
Effective Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code 1904
The following are some researched remedies for the QuickBooks problem code 1904:-
After installing QuickBooks Tool Hub, use the Install Diagnostic Tool to fix error 1904.
Follow these instructions to launch the install diagnostic tool:-
- Prior to quitting QuickBooks Desktop, save the company file.
- After downloading it from Intuit's website, save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe setup file of the most recent QuickBooks Tool Hub version to your Windows Desktop.
- Follow the on-screen instructions after you locate and execute the setup file from your desktop.
- Check the terms and conditions checkbox to finish installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select the Installation Issues option in the QuickBooks Tool Hub when it appears on your desktop.
- The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button should be pressed. Once it's finished, close the QuickBooks Tool Hub and restart your computer.
After logging into Windows as the administrator, reset user permissions.
You must carry out the following actions to reset user permissions:-
- On the Windows Start menu, type CMD into the search field. Select the Run as administrator option from the context menu by performing a right-click on the CMD icon.
- When the command window appears, type "net user administrator/active: yes" and hit Enter.
- Wait till the command completes, and then close the window.
- From the Start menu, choose Sign out, and then select the Administrator account.
- To change user rights, launch File Explorer and search for C: Program FilesCommon Files.
- From the context menu, select the Common Files folder. Next, select the Properties and Security tabs.
- After selecting Edit, choose the Users option from the Groups or user names column.
- Under the Permissions for Users section, enable the permissions for Modify, Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read, and Write.
- Once you have clicked Apply and OK to save the changes, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once the installation is complete, log out of the administrator account and log in using the ordinary user account.
Through this blog, we've made an attempt to give you the best advice for fixing QuickBooks error 1904. Before putting the steps into practice, we advise carefully reading and comprehending them. If you require assistance or have any queries regarding QuickBooks, contact 1-855-856-0042 to chat with a group of knowledgeable experts.