You are here
QuickBooks Error 1612: Extensive Troubleshooting Methods
QuickBooks Error 1612 mainly takes place in two situations: while updating the QB Desktop application & while trying to access the relevant company file on the system.
The message on the system’s screen informs the QB user that the update installer cannot be opened and the computer may close down eventually without any warning.
Dive through this blog to get some of the effective step-wise methods to eliminate this problem.
To get the most reliable help to rectify QuickBooks Error 1612, you can dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Top Reasons behind the QB Desktop 1612 Update Error Code
The various factors that probably trigger QB Desktop 1612 Update Error Code are as follows:
- An incorrect shutdown of the computer & invalid installation of the QB Desktop application can provoke this issue very easily.
- Corruption of some important files due to malware attacks or a defective Windows registry can also trigger this error.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 6175
How to Easily Eliminate QB Desktop Company File 1612 Error Message?
The QB Desktop Company File 1612 Error Message can be rectified using the methods explained below:
Method 1: Carefully re-download the ‘patch’ & then reset it properly to ensure complete eradication of this problem
- Firstly, you have to accurately re-download the ‘patch’ from the official Intuit website to your computer and then jump immediately to the location where the ‘Share Download Folder’ is present.
- After that, you need to very carefully switch off and on the ‘Share Download Folder’ by clicking on the ‘Off’ & ‘save’ buttons as well as the ‘On’ & ‘save’ buttons in the proper sequence.
- The above step should be repeated a few times, following which you shall finally switch on the ‘Share Download Folder’ by hitting the ‘On’ button, and then you must complete the whole process by clicking the ‘Save’ button.
Method 2: Get the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ repaired through the appropriate procedure on the system
- In this method, you have to repair the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ & for that, simply open up the ‘Control Panel’ and then proceed forward to strike the ‘Programs & Features’ tab, and after that, access the full list of all your system applications by hitting the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- Now, go through the on-screen list and find out the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ option, and thereafter, strike on that option so that you can easily hit the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option.
- At this step, promptly click on the ‘Repair’ button & then follow the step-wise process to ensure the complete repair of your QB Desktop application.
- As soon as the accurate repair of the QB Desktop is done, restart the computer and then successfully update the QB & access the data file.
Method 3: Accurately utilize the ‘System File Checker’ to repair damaged files & components
- First of all, correctly access the ‘Run’ window by tapping the ‘Windows + R’ keys & then write ‘cmd’ in the ‘Run’ window box, following which press the ‘Enter’ key to finally obtain the ‘Command Prompt’ window.
- Thereafter, go inside the ‘Command Prompt’ window & then write ‘SFC/Scannow’, following which you can kick-start the scanning & repairing process by striking the ‘Enter’ key.
- As soon as the ‘System File Checker’ finishes its work, you can reboot the system, after which you can resume your essential tasks in QuickBooks.