You are here
QuickBooks Error 1612: A Detailed & Effective Technical Guide
QuickBooks Error 1612 generally troubles QB users at the time of updating the QB Desktop application and accessing the company file. The on-screen error message informs the user that the update installer cannot be accessed.
Since some users have also confronted this error while accessing the data file, it means that company file corruption can also be the reason behind this error.
Simply read this technical blog till the conclusion to fully understand this error and obtain effective solutions.
Exasperated by QuickBooks Error 1612? Just dial 1-855-856-0042 to connect with our QB Experts Team.
Update Error 1612 in QuickBooks Desktop: Main Reasons
The Update Error 1612 in QuickBooks Desktop gets triggered due to the reasons listed below:
- Incomplete or corrupted QuickBooks Desktop installation on the computer mostly triggers QB Error 1612.
- As stated earlier, corrupt data files and virus attacks on system components can also provoke this error.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 12157
Easy Techniques to Resolve 1612 QuickBooks Desktop Error Code
The 1612 QuickBooks Desktop Error Code can be easily resolved through the techniques described below:
Technique 1: Simply install and reset the ‘patch’ from Intuit’s official website to weed out this error
- Carefully log onto the official website of Intuit to locate the ‘patch’, and once you find it, you shall immediately tap on it so that it gets installed on your system.
- You must save the ‘patch’ file to an easy-to-access location on your computer, and when you note that the entire ‘patch’ has been downloaded, you have to open its file to correctly follow all the instructions that get listed on the screen.
- Agree to all the conditions and tap the ‘OK’ button so that the ‘patch’ starts fixing this technical error comfortably.
- If the error is resolved by the ‘patch’, you can go ahead to access the data file and update the QB Desktop application successfully.
- However, if the ‘patch’ is not able to fix this error, you need to immediately reset the ‘patch’, and thereafter, you shall again utilize it to root out this error.
- Furthermore, you have to reboot your system once the ‘patch’ is able to eradicate this error swiftly.
Technique 2: Comfortably uninstall the QB Desktop application from your system & then install it again from Intuit’s website to solve this problem
- To be able to successfully uninstall the QB Desktop, you shall first open up the ‘Control Panel’ to directly tap the ‘Uninstall a Program’ tab, which will provide a list of all the programs & applications currently installed on your computer.
- From this on-screen list, you must carefully choose the QB Desktop version that you desire to uninstall, after which you need to click on the ‘Uninstall/Change’ button.
- Just after that, hit the ‘Remove’ button to fully uninstall the QB Desktop application from the computer and then log onto Intuit’s website to download the most recent edition of the QB Desktop.
- At this step, open up the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ file that you have downloaded to complete the necessary process of the QB Desktop installation.
- Once the installation of the QB application has been done, you can access the data file successfully, as this error will get fully eliminated.
Also read this blog: Guide for Getting rid of the QuickBooks Keeps Crashing Issue
You must follow the techniques described above in a valid step-wise order to ensure prompt rectification of QuickBooks Error 1612. For more guidance & help, dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Professionals Team.