QuickBooks Error 15240- Causes and Methods to Resolve
Updating QuickBooks is an important part to get the application running smoothly. But a lot of update errors can cause the user experience to decline. One such is the QuickBooks error 15240. QuickBooks update error 15240 occurs while user tries to update QuickBooks desktop or downloading an update for payroll.
In this blog, we shall talk about what QuickBooks update error 15240 is and what are the methods to get rid of it. A quick fix for the error is talking to the team of accounting helpline at 1.800.579.0391
Reasons for QuickBooks Update Error 15240
Given below are the reasons that can trigger QuickBooks Update Error 15240. When you are aware of the cause, getting to the solution becomes an easier task. Go through the reasons and later methods to resolve the Error 15240.
- The QuickBooks you are using is not the latest version.
- The application from your side is not run as an administrator.
- You are using the QuickBooks multi-user mode in a terminal service setting.
- The Windows registry file is either corrupted.
- Damaged QuickBooks Update.
- Another program might have erased QuickBooks related records.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15243
Methods to get rid of QuickBooks Error 15240
- Click on Internet Options and from Tools menu select Advanced tab.
- Move down by scrolling and choose SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
- Click on Apply and hit Ok.
- After closing QuickBooks Desktop, open the Windows File Manager.
- Go to C:\Program Files\ folder and right click the the Intuit folder.
- Select properties and hit the Advanced tab.
- The User Group must be set to the Owner.
- Next, click Change left to the Owners section in the Advanced Security Settings.
- From Enter the object name to select section, type in the name of the Users and click on Check Names.
- Hit OK and then checkmark the Replace owner on sub containers and objects section.
- Apply the change and click on Ok.
- Under the Permissions section choose the Users and then select Full Control.
- Again click Apply and then hit OK.
- Click on Start and in the search text box, type System Restore and Enter.
- From the results, search the System Restore and click on it.
- To choose a restore point, follow the steps described in the Wizard.
- Restore the computer and check the QuickBooks must be working fine without QuickBooks Update Error 15240.
We hope the QuickBooks Error 15240 has been resolved with the quick steps listed above in this blog. In case the error persists after all these steps, contact the pro-advisors at 1.800.579.0391.
You may read also : Quickbooks error 17337