You are here
QuickBooks Error 15104: Complete and Effective Resolution
QuickBooks is a marvellous accounting software equipped with a wide variety of tools that helps in efficient financial data management. It is used by small and medium-sized companies across the globe.
The QuickBooks Error 15104 occurs when the user tries to update the QB application. In addition, this error can get triggered while downloading payroll updates. It is very irritating for the user to confront this error.
This error arises mostly when the QB is unable to verify the digital signature certificate. A missing file for the payroll updates can also trigger this error.
Read this blog to find out some reliable solutions for this tricky error.
To resolve QuickBooks Error 15104 easily, you can dial +1 800-579-9430 to contact our QuickBooks support team straightaway.
Top Reasons for the QB Error Message 15104
Some of the most common reasons for the QB Error Message 15104 are as follows:
- If the QuickBooks is not able to verify the digital signature certificate on the system, this error can arise.
- An incorrect Internet Explorer settings can trigger this error. Besides, firewall can also block the user from downloading payroll updates.
- Some programs on the system like antivirus can also block the updates of QB desktop.
Read more :-
Most Reliable Solutions for the QB Error Code 15104
You can use these solutions to eliminate the QB Error Code 15104:
Solution 1: Eliminate this error by running the Quick Fix my Program
Step 1: Download and Install the newest version of QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Download the latest version (188.8.131.52) of QuickBooks Tools Hub on your system.
- Save the file where you can easily locate it like your desktop, Downloads folder etc.
- Open the file which you have just downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- Follow all the steps to install the tools hub and accept all the terms and conditions.
- After the installation process is finished, open the tool hub.
Step 2: Rectify the program issues by executing the Quick Fix my Program
- Open the tools hub and click on the ‘Program Problems’ tab.
- Tap on the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ option.
- Open your QB desktop after the run is completed.
If the error is not resolved, move on to the following method.
Solution 2: Configure your Internet Explorer settings correctly
- Open the Internet Explorer on your system.
- Navigate to the gear icon and click on the ‘Internet Options’ tab.
- Now hit the ‘Advanced Tab’ button.
- Navigate to the ‘Security’ tab.
- You should ensure that the following fields are marked check:
- Use SSL 2.0
- Use SSL 3.0
- Use TLS 1.2
- Also, you must ensure that the following items are unchecked:
- TLS 1.0
- TLS 1.1
- Open the QB application on your system.
- Now you can download your payroll updates.
You can move to the subsequent method if the error persists.
Solution 3: Rectify the error by installing the digital signature certificate
- Navigate to the location: ‘C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks’
- Identify the ‘QBW32.exe’ file and click on it.
- Choose the ‘Properties’ tab and click on the ‘Digital Signature’ option.
- Ensure that ‘Intuit’ is selected in the list in the ‘Digital Signature’ option.
- Tap the ‘Details’ tab and hit the ‘View Certificate’ option.
- Choose the ‘Install Certificate’ tab and hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ tab and restart your system.
- You can now open the QB desktop and download the updates.
This blog provided you a detailed overview of the QuickBooks Error 15104. The solutions mentioned in this blog are well-tested and should be implemented in the correct sequence.
For further assistance, you can dial +1 800-579-9430 to contact our QuickBooks Support Team anytime, any day
Read more :-