You are here
QuickBooks error 140014- How to Fix
Was working on QuickBooks accounting software and suddenly came across an QuickBooks POS error 140014? Well, need not panic, as this article is going to brief you on the complete set of steps that can be performed so as to get rid of such an error and will also talk about the root causes of such an error.
The error series 14XXXX indicates that the issue is related to the connection between the QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks POS. It appears on the screen with the following error message: QuickBooks POS cannot access your QuickBooks Financial Software company File.
Why QuickBooks POS error 140014 occurs?
The following can be reasons behind the occurrence of such an error:
- In case the user is using No company window for running QuickBooks.
- Or if there are some issues within the QB file.
- Another reason for the can be damaged and corrupted Mapping of accounts
- Also, if the activity log error occurs
- Exchanging data that is not configured in QuickBooks can also lead to such an error
QuickBooks Point of Sale is a platform that enables users to seek “Deals” and “Stock” in a more engaging and timely manner. It is a functional product that is suited for small and medium-sized enterprises looking to maintain track of POS activity. However, the seamless operation of the point of sale is sometimes disrupted by many faults or issues. One such issue is QuickBooks POS Error 140014.
Such error may arise when a user tries to connect with QuickBooks desktop while running the report or intuit file exchange in QB POS.
The error prompts the message stating that:
“Error 140014: QB POS can not access QuickBooks financial software company file.”
In this article, we will take you through the causes and the possible solutions to resolve Error code 140014.
Possible Reasons That Triggers QuickBooks POS Error 140014
There are many reasons that trigger QuickBooks POS Error 140014. However, some of the major reasons are displayed below:
- Firstly, QuickBooks Desktop is not currently open.
- QuickBooks Desktop is running, but no company file is mentioned.
- The QuickBooks Desktop file specified in QuickBooks Point of Sale does not correspond to the correct company file.
- QuickBooks Desktop’s Preferences window is open.
- The QuickBooks Error code 140014 also occurs when the user is unable to open connection file
Read also- Fix QuickBooks Error 401