You are here
QuickBooks Error 1327 | Advanced Troubleshooting Methods
Most of the errors you get in QuickBooks result from improper configuration or faults in the components that support QuickBooks. However, some errors result from glitches in the Windows operating system, and one such error is QuickBooks error 1327. Once you get this error, QuickBooks throws an error message that reads “ Error1327. “The drive [X:] is invalid.” Error 1327, resulting from issues in your Windows, can also affect other programs running on it. In this article, we will focus on the reasons due to which you get error code 1327 and the solutions required to fix it with the least effort possible.
Troubleshooting Windows-related errors can be a challenging task for several users. If you are also one of them, dial 1.800.579.0391and get in touch with one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts now
Reasons that can Trigger Error 1327 while Installing QuickBooks
As the error occurs while installing QuickBooks, most of the reasons are related to the storage where you are trying to install QuickBooks. We have listed the reasons in a listicle format below to understand the error better.
- When you try to install QuickBooks on a network drive, but your system is not connected to it.
- If you are trying to install QuickBooks on a portable storage device like an external hard drive.
- If you do not have the required administrative rights to access the storage where you are trying to install QuickBooks.
Next, in this article, we will figure out the ways by which we can rectify the above causes in the least time possible.
Recommended To Read : QuickBooks Error 1328
Here’s How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 1327
Solution 1: Verify your Connectivity with the Network Drive
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box and enter CMD in the text box.
- Click OK, type PING (Your Network Drive’s IP Address), and hit the Enter key.
- If you receive all the data packets sent to the network drive, proceed to the next solution else, follow the further troubleshooting steps of this solution.
- Go to the Control Panel and select Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change Adapter Settings and right-click each adapter you see on the screen.
- Select Disable and ignore the message that Windows displays.
- Try to install QuickBooks and if the installation completes without any issues, right-click each adapter and select Enable.
Solution 2: Sign in to your System as an Administrator
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
- When prompted, enter the admin account’s login credentials.
- If you do not have the admin credentials, ask your IT person to help you install QuickBooks with administrative permissions.
- Retry to install QuickBooks and check if the error is fixed.
If the error is still not resolved, you must ensure that the external storage device on which you are trying to install QuickBooks is properly connected to the system. For further help fixing QuickBooks Error 1327, you can reach QuickBooks Desktop technical support by dialing QuickBooks Desktop technical helpline number 1.800.579.0391.