You are here
QuickBooks DB service not starting | Here's how to start
The QuickBooks software helps companies manage all their accounting processes, and the use of the company file is critical for this to happen. The QuickBooks Database Server Manager enables you to share these company files over a network and also to monitor the multi-user network. The QuickBooks Database Server Manager must be running when you try to access your company files; however, sometimes you might face an issue of QuickBooks DB services not starting when you try starting the server manager manually. This error could restrict you from using QuickBooks services completely and thus must be addressed at the earliest. It generally happens when the Database Server Manager has undergone damage or corruption, and to learn how to get rid of it, go through this article's troubleshooting methods.
For immediate assistance from our technical experts regarding issues related to QuickBooks DB services, give us a call at +1-800-579-9430.
What are the reasons for the QuickBooks DB services not to start?
The reason why the QuickBooks DB services won't start include the following:-
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager might have undergone some internal damage or corruption.
- The QuickBooks DB services might have stopped automatically for not being in use by other programs or services.
You may read also:- QuickBooks error 40001
Reliable solutions to start QuickBooks DB services
Solutions you can execute to start the QuickBooks DB services include:-
The hosting settings on your QuickBooks server PC should be reviewed and modified.
The hosting settings on the server computer must be activated in order for it to host company files, and you can achieve this by following the below-mentioned instructions:-
- Navigate to the file menu in the QuickBooks desktop application on the server machine.
- Select Host Multi-User Access to enable hosting at this point.
- Check the multi-user mode's functionality after a system reboot.
Related article:- QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file
Set the QuickBooksDBXX Service to launch automatically.
To set the QuickBooks DBXX Service to launch automatically:-
- The services.msc window Either choose Run, services.msc, and then open, or try pressing the first window button, searching for services, and then double-clicking to open.
- Now scroll down until the QuickBooksDBxx Service is not displayed.
- Check the status of the QuickBooksDBXX Service by performing right-clicking on it, and if it's running, make sure to restart.
- Return to the QuickBooksDBXX Service and choose the properties option from the context menu by right-clicking.
- If you noticed QuickBooksDBXX listed as manual on the general tab, please change it to automatic.
- The Local account should then be changed to the Local System account by moving to the login tab.
- Finally, select the restart QuickBooksDBXX service option from the recovery tab and select "first failure," "second failure," and lastly, ''subsequent failure" from the drop-down list.
- Attempt to restart the QuickBooks Database server manager's Service on the left side of the service window after closing the properties.
These are the steps you need to take when you face the issue of QuickBooks DB service not starting. We recommend reading them carefully and understanding them before beginning to implement them. Also, if the error continues to occur, give us a quick call at +1-800-579-9430 for immediate technical assistance.
Read more:- QuickBooks error 9000