QuickBooks connection has been lost! How and Why to Fix it
If you face any difficulty accessing the company file, then it depicts QuickBooks connection has been lost. The error usually occurs when QuickBooks Database Server Manager stops running on the server computer. The error comes up on the screen with a message, “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered.” Continue reading the blog to learn more facts associated with QuickBooks connection has been lost error.
If you are searching for an instant solution to fix QuickBooks connection has been lost error, then dial our toll-free number 1.800.579.9430 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
What leads to QuickBooks connection has been lost error?
There are several reasons behind the error. Have a look at some of them given below:
- Incorrect firewall and security settings.
- Not enough permission to access the company file folder.
Now, scroll down and choose the most appropriate solution that fits your situation.
You may also read: quickbooks error h202
Possible Quick Fixes for QuickBooks connection has been lost error
Before proceeding to the troubleshooting solutions, restart QuickBooks and your workstation. If it didn’t work for you, follow the steps given below:
Solution 1. Use the File Doctor tool
To run the tool, you have to download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation. The tool will resolve company file and network issues:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to Downloads.
- Then, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Install the tool hub by following the on-screen steps.
- Agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- When the installation completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Open the tool hub and choose the Company File Issues tab.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Next, choose the company file from the drop-down menu.
- If the file is not visible, click Browse and search the file.
- Select the Check you file option and click Continue.
If you still get the error, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Run Quick Fix my Program
Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub again on your workstation and follow the steps given below. The tool will close all open programs that QuickBooks uses:
- Within the tool hub, choose Company File Issues.
- Click Quick Fix my File and then OK.
- Let the tool run.
- Reopen QuickBooks when the tool completes.
If the solutions given above didn’t work, restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager. This brings us to the end of this blog. We hope you find the solutions helpful in resolving the QuickBooks connection has been lost error. If the problem continues, get in touch with the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430.