You are here
QuickBooks 2023 Keeps Crashing | Causes and Solutions
QuickBooks is an affordable accounting software with cutting-edge features and an easy-to-handle interface. It provides users with numerous facilities like payroll services and multi-user mode. It also provides fixes for the errors that occur in it in different situations. With each new update, Intuit keeps adding new features and facilities to the software, which is why users prefer updating QuickBooks from time to time. However, some users who have updated to the 2023 version complain that QuickBooks 2023 keeps crashing. This generally happens because the windows firewall and security settings requirements are different for different versions, and the new version might not be compatible with the old firewall settings. To understand the issue in detail and to learn to troubleshoot it, go through this advisory blog till the end.
If you need immediate assistance to fix the frequent crashing of the QuickBooks 2023 version, get in touch with us at +1-800-579-9430 to speak to our technical experts.
What causes the frequent crashing of the 2023 version of QuickBooks?
The frequent crashing of the 2023 version of QuickBooks can be traced to the below-given causes:-
- The old windows firewall and security settings on your computer conflict with the new version of QuickBooks.
- You might have installed the 2023 version using a damaged installation or setup file.
You may additionally learn:- QuickBooks error 6147
How to deal with the frequent crashing of the 2023 version of QuickBooks?
In order to deal with the frequent crashing of the 2023 version of QuickBooks, the below-given methods can be implemented:-
Examine and fix firewall settings with the QB File Doctor tool
In order to examine and fix firewall settings with the QB File Doctor tool, execute the steps mentioned ahead:-
- To access the Company File Issues section, open the QB tool hub if you have it downloaded.
- If the tool hub isn't installed, you can easily get it from the Intuit website.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button, and wait as the file doctor's opening process can take up to a minute. In the event that the QuickBooks File Doctor won't launch, look for the QuickBooks Desktop File Doc and manually launch it.
- Make a selection from the dropdown menu in QuickBooks File Doctor to access your company file. Choosing Browse and searching will help you locate your file if you can't see it.
- Before moving forward, click on the check your file and network option.
- Then click Next after entering your QuickBooks admin password.
Here are some short readings on QuickBooks error 1402
Make manual configurations to the windows firewall settings.
In order to make manual configurations to the windows firewall settings, execute the steps mentioned ahead:-
- Access the advanced settings for the windows firewall from the search menu on your system.
- Create a new Inbound rule and then choose the Port option; also, make sure to select the TCP option.
- Then repeat the same steps to create a new Outbound rule and see if the issue has been resolved.
This is what you can do when QuickBooks 2023 keeps crashing. Remember that the system requirements for different versions are different, and you must make sure to have firewall and security settings that are compatible with your version. If the problem continues after executing the solutions, speak to our technical experts at +1-800-579-9430 for assistance.
A recommended to read article:- QuickBooks data conversion