You are here
[Quick Troubleshooting Guide] to Fix QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks is an efficient tool for small and medium businesses to manage their accounting and bookkeeping needs on a digital platform. One of its most treasures features is the QuickBooks multi-user mode, in which as many as 30 users could connect with one company file at the host server. However, several errors could disrupt productivity big time, and the process of resolving them could last all day long. Today, we will talk about one such issue- QuickBooks error H505and look for its solutions.
Things can get pretty complicated while tackling a technical problem like QuickBooks error H505 by yourself. In such cases, the most pleasing thing to do is to get a QB expert on the line to assist you out of the issue by dialling the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391 anytime.
What is QuickBooks Enterprise error H505?
The QuickBooks Desktop error H505 usually occurs to multi-user set up in QuickBooks and shows that the company file is not accessible by the software. The issue holds up all the activities as the user cannot open or access the company file. There may reason behind the problem. Some of them are stated below.
Causes that invokes the error H505 while opening the company file
- The hosting server has incorrect configuration settings.
- The system firewall is disrupting the communication between the host server and the workstation.
- The network data file that initiates sharing access between different servers is corrupted.
- The DNS configuration is incorrect.
- QB Services like QuickBooks DBSM or QBCFMonitorService are not yet initialized.
Also Read : Quickbooks Error 6000 80
What are the solutions to resolve the QuickBooks company file error H505?
There are various troubleshooting steps that you can try to counter the QuickBooks error H505. Some of them are given below.
- Download and then install the QuickBooks Tool Hub if you don’t have it already on the system.
- Run the tool and click on the Company File Issues tab.
- Choose the QuickBooks File Doctor button and wait for the scan to complete.
- On either of the workstations, run QuickBooks without opening the company file.
- Go to the File menu and click on Utilities.
- Look for the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option and keep running through the workstations until you find it.
- Click on the Option and exit from QuickBooks.
At this point, we would like to conclude our blog on various methods to resolve the QuickBooks error H505. We hope the content written above is easy to understand and proves helpful to you. However, if that’s not the case, call the technical helpline number 1.800.579.0391 anytime and get immediate assistance.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 6189