You are here
Quick Tips on Resolving QuickBooks Error 15214
QuickBooks payroll errors that appear while running payroll or while installing the updates can result from several glitches in the program set up and Windows configuration. Most of these errors are also a result of internet connectivity issues where QuickBooks can’t connect to the internet to download the most recent payroll updates. Here in this article, we are going to discuss one such error that strikes with an error code 15214 and throws an error message that reads “Error 15214: The payroll update did not complete successfully.” So if you are also dealing with QuickBooks error 15214 and need an immediate solution to resolve it, keep reading the complete article for detailed troubleshooting solutions.
If you are continuously getting bothered by QuickBooks Desktop and payroll errors, you must reach QuickBooks Desktop technical support number +1 800-579-9430
Here are the Possible Reasons for the Occurrence of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15214
As you are now already aware of the most common reason that is the lack of proper internet connectivity for the occurrence of error code 15214, let’s discuss other causes that can trigger the same error in the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Intuit FCS is a file copy service that helps QuickBooks Desktop move the downloaded updates to the QuickBooks installation. If this service is not running in the background of your system, you are most likely to encounter error 15214.
- Another reason you might get this error is when QuickBooks Desktop lacks the most recent updates.
Next in this article, we will show you how to restart the QuickBooks FCS service and install the program updates to resolve error 15214 that affects the QuickBooks payroll update.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 40001
Top Solutions to Quickly Get Rid of Error 15214 in QuickBooks
Solution 1: Change QuickBooks FCS Service Startup Type and Restart the Service
- Press the Windows + R key on your keyboard, which will trigger the Run command dialog box.
- Enter the services.msc command in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- Next, you will get the services window where you will find all the services running on your system.
- Scroll down and locate the QuickBooks FCS service and right-click it.
- Select the Properties option and under the General tab, select the Startup Type drop-down menu.
- Choose the Manual option and click Apply and OK.
- From the left pane, click Start and hit OK.
Solution 2: Prompt QuickBooks Desktop to Install the Program Updates
- Launch QuickBooks with administrative permissions and go to the Help tab.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop and move to the Update Now tab.
- Click the Get Updates button, and this will prompt the program to download the most recent QuickBooks Desktop updates.
- Restart QuickBooks and click the Install Now button to install the QuickBooks Desktop updates.
Retry to install the payroll updates and check if following the solutions above helps resolve QuickBooks error 15214. If not, and you are still unable to get the payroll updates because of the error, we suggest you reach QuickBooks Desktop technical support for quick help and assistance resolving error 15214 in QuickBooks.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 176